Cheap rc stand / rc storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does this look like from the side? I'm assuming screwed to a beam? How far are the peg holes from each other? up / down & left / right?
Not screwed, i drilled a 1/2" holes and the pegs are glued into the holes.

The pegs are spaced 180mm (7") up/down (in retrospect i would go a bit bigger)
165mm (6.5") left to right.
the beam is 7.5" wide

Not screwed, i drilled a 1/2" holes and the pegs are glued into the holes.

The pegs are spaced 180mm (7") up/down (in retrospect i would go a bit bigger)
165mm (6.5") left to right.
the beam is 7.5" wide
I asked about it being screwed to something because I'm surprised it doesn't need support from toppling over.

You are referring to the pegs being screwed to the beam? or the beam to the wall?

The pegs are going through the beam, they hold fine even without the glue.

The beam was planned to be mounted to the wall, but as i sometime move the beam to another side of the room (or as happened recently - moved a house), it was just easier for me to just rest the beam onto the wall in an angle. It holds fine as long as there are few cars on it.

PVC is inexpensive and makes a nice stand

8S.jpg

You are referring to the pegs being screwed to the beam? or the beam to the wall?

The pegs are going through the beam, they hold fine even without the glue.

The beam was planned to be mounted to the wall, but as i sometime move the beam to another side of the room (or as happened recently - moved a house), it was just easier for me to just rest the beam onto the wall in an angle. It holds fine as long as there are few cars on it.
I was referring to the beam screwed to the wall. Yep, I see it leaning against the wall. Maybe if it had an extended base, like an upside down y, it would do the same - but then it's not as 'portable'.
PVC is inexpensive and makes a nice stand

View attachment 107865
I do this for some cars .. but as shown, it holds one car. You can easily build a storage 'tower'.

I took a wood plate and drilled some pins to hold the cars. It’s very compact.
View attachment 107225

I went with wood as well but made mine free standing. Cost around $30 each to make - $13 for the 2x8, $10 for the plywood base toand the rest for 2x4 and 2x2s

83673EB2-18C4-40B6-BDDF-086E183E8719.jpeg

417E0994-06DF-423E-A48F-48863199656A.jpeg

I went with wood as well but made mine free standing. Cost around $30 each to make - $13 for the 2x8, $10 for the plywood base toand the rest for 2x4 and 2x2s

View attachment 108012

View attachment 108013
I really like this but not good with woodworking and lack of tools, have to really do something though, all my cars sit on the floor jacked up on whatever. Have a few in 2 bedrooms, den, living room, play checkers with them, getting really old.

I see all these beautiful collections. ? my question is how can you guys afford to run these many rigs??? 4 or 5 is my magic number. If I want a new rig I have to sell 1 to make room. Maybe I need to sell spare parts instead lmaooooo.. looking good everyone.

Does this have a base or mounted to the wall??
How are the pegs secured?
The beam is drilled and the pegs are secured into it with wood glue.

the plan was to secure the beam into the wall, but i never did it, i just rest it on the wall, it holds fine and it makes it easier to move it if i need to

I made good use of old computer desk.
The 3 on top shelf have back tires hanging off back of unit & under the front I’ve got some used pill bottles. The Typhon is on a stand I bought, infraction is on homemade one(for outcast) The outcast is on my roll around mechanics stool…the infraction,Typhon & outcast go on pool table when I need the space to wrench 🤘🏻🤘🏻
u guys all have nice storage set-ups 👍

D179F346-243C-406F-8468-E9D470804546.jpeg

0DB23F60-3567-4B38-8B86-F1F7C13E369E.jpeg

00C6E484-3495-4474-9F31-EEDAE20C32F9.jpeg

I made good use of old computer desk.
The 3 on top shelf have back tires hanging off back of unit & under the front I’ve got some used pill bottles. The Typhon is on a stand I bought, infraction is on homemade one(for outcast) The outcast is on my roll around mechanics stool…the infraction,Typhon & outcast go on pool table when I need the space to wrench 🤘🏻🤘🏻
u guys all have nice storage set-ups 👍

View attachment 166030

View attachment 166032

View attachment 166034
Finally getting some use out of the pool table as well I see.. 😜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back