Cheap Receiver Option for the FlySky GT5 Transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yammo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Ok so obviously in the V4 lineup Arrma decided to include a Spectrum STX2 transmitter with their cars and they seems to be unanimously hated which I’m sure has had many people that frequent this website looking for a good replacement and I’m sure many of you ended up with a FlySky GT5 which happens to be an amazing 6 channel transmitter with amazing features, ergos, range, response, and even aesthetics for the low low price of $60-80 depending on where you buy it. It can also connect to 20 different models so if you own multiple Arrmas that came with the STX2 then all you need to do is buy one GT5 then buy extra receivers and have one transmitter to rule them all. The only problem is the receiver it comes with(FS-BS6) can be considered a little pricey at $18-25, especially if you don't even have use for all the channels. Well I found a solution which is the FS-BS4 receiver which is essentially the same thing but with only 4 channels but selling for $12-14(bought mine for $12 on AliExpress). It still even has a gyro in it and for most Arrma bashers most people won’t need more than the steering and throttle channel with maybe an extra couple slots for fans/lights but with the FS-BS4 connected to the GT5 you will have an extra on/off button 3rd channel and a 3 position switch 4th channel with the bind/vcc slot and two other slots labeled ”SENS” and “SERVO” which I’m assuming are meant to work with a different transmitter because they did nothing on the GT5. I did end up making a video on the receiver which i will add below. I also have made a video in the past, which I will also add below, comparing the FlySky GT5 transmitter to the FlySky GT3C transmitter and that video is essentially a full review of the GT5 and a warning to stay away from the GT3C because the range is horrendous. Not to worry with the GT5 though it’s like the two transmitters aren’t even made by the same company the GT5 is amazing in every aspect and the GT3C you want to like but it really kinda sucks. Well that’s my $.02 on solutions to the ol’ STX2 issue and how to resolve it hopefully helps some of you.

FS-BS4 receiver:

FlySky GT5 Vs. GT3C

If you think $25 per receiver is expensive, I’m glad you didn’t buy a Futaba or other higher end brand. ???????

I mainly use the FS-A3 with my GT5, which is 3 channel without gyro, 7.5$ at bangood!
Nice, that may be even better considering I don’t use the gyro but it is nice having the gyro just in case. I’ll probably buy one of those for the cheapo car in my video and save the FS-BS4 for my next rig. Was actually thinking of trying cheaper receivers too like the $4 FS-GR3E 3channel no gyro or the $9 FS-iA6B which is 6channel and I assume does not have a gyro at the size/price. No clue if they will bind you the GT5 though so good to know the FS-A3 will. How’s the range on the A3 though?

If you think $25 per receiver is expensive, I’m glad you didn’t buy a Futaba or other higher end brand. ???????
:LOL::ROFLMAO: I know I felt silly calling $25 expensive knowing what’s out there but in relation to some $5 receivers out there figured could be considered a little pricey. Knew someone was gonna call me out though Hahaha.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how to bind an FS-A3 with a GT5?

I've read it is possible but the GT5 just says binding and never actually binds.

Thabks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back