Cheap road tires for Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1.21 Gigawatts

Reaction score
Most of my driving is done on rough asphalt out in front of my house. I'd like to keep my stock tires in decent shape for when I do take the Typhon to the park or construction sight. I know Hoons will fit great, but would love a cheaper alternative for just bashing around. Most of the Amazon specials seem to get poor reviews, but I'm wondering if they are from people running them on heavier, more powerful trucks. Any cheap tires that will hold up for a reasonable amount of time on a 3s Typhon?

My local hobby shop had GRP and Hoons. Since they didn't have the S7 compound in stock (and it is always hot in Florida), I went with the silver Hoons.

Not sure what it is about hobby shops that make me throw any budget plan out the window...

Most of my driving is done on rough asphalt out in front of my house. I'd like to keep my stock tires in decent shape for when I do take the Typhon to the park or construction sight. I know Hoons will fit great, but would love a cheaper alternative for just bashing around. Most of the Amazon specials seem to get poor reviews, but I'm wondering if they are from people running them on heavier, more powerful trucks. Any cheap tires that will hold up for a reasonable amount of time on a 3s Typhon?
Amazon has tons of options that are less expensive. I used to run sets on my Typhon 6s before my speeds started to climb. Search 17mm hex road tires on Amazon and see what comes up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back