Cheap solution for steering arm popping off issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superticky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion EXB
Hey guys,

I've been having this issue and finally found the perfect e-clip for preventing the steering arm to pop off.

It's the 3/16 e-clip from home depot. Hope this helps to other folks out there ! Cheers.

IMG_20181117_191653.jpg
IMG_20181117_191551.jpg

I use the rpm rod ends for traxxas with traxxas metal balls and never had another one come off again.

Do you have a picture uninstalled?

I don't and they are hard to remove to take a new picture. However it's the same but without the e-clip which I highlighted yellow in the following pic:

eclip.PNG

Bumping this cause I just had mine pop off, Im headed to the hardware store tomorrow I think, Or maybe i'll just get them online the roads are pure ICE today.. not sure I wanna risk going out.

Bumping this cause I just had mine pop off, Im headed to the hardware store tomorrow I think, Or maybe i'll just get them online the roads are pure ICE today.. not sure I wanna risk going out.

Don't risk it. Not worth it for an e clip you can get under better driving conditions. Just go it and slide your truck around. I just got back in from doing just that in the snow!

Don't risk it. Not worth it for an e clip you can get under better driving conditions. Just go it and slide your truck around. I just got back in from doing just that in the snow!

Yeah I decided I don't wanna risk it, Ordered a 300 piece set on ebay for 12$ came with at least 40 3/16ths and a bunch other sizes that might come in handy :D

I did this mod and broke my turnbuckle instead of it popping off. It was a very bad landing so not to sure if it was the eclip. Still need to do more testing

I can't wrap my head around how the o-ring does anything. They are so soft and plyable. Is it just the fact that it helps keep the ball end flat vs twisting that keeps it on? The e-clip made sense because it's like putting a metal washer on there.

I can't wrap my head around how the o-ring does anything. They are so soft and plyable. Is it just the fact that it helps keep the ball end flat vs twisting that keeps it on? The e-clip made sense because it's like putting a metal washer on there.

It prevented the steering arms from popping of for a whole year of bashing. Before that i had to pop it back on a few times during each lipo. So for me it works. Apperantly they are quite tough.

I don't doubt it works. I just don't get why it works. I've only had mine pop off 2 or 3 times in 6 months, so it's not a rampant issue for me. I can only assume that they pop off when the cup is twisted and the o-ring helps keep the cup flat with the ackerman bar.

Mine have popped off since day one. Very annoying. I order the E-clips and putting on now. I hope they help. Also i keep breaking shock rod ends on my rear socks. Tried the droop screw mos but no good. Ordering Tekno rod ends. To me they are defects and Arrma needs to address.

Attachments

• 20190323_155951.jpg
    20190323_155951.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20190222_170040.jpg
    20190222_170040.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 56
Mine have popped off since day one. Very annoying. I order the E-clips and putting on now. I hope they help. Also i keep breaking shock rod ends on my rear socks. Tried the droop screw mos but no good. Ordering Tekno rod ends. To me they are defects and Arrma needs to address.
I know I'll regret saying this the next time I go out, but I have never had an issue with either of these problems, and believe me, I've done some pretty bad things to my truck. Today I did a jump, and nose dived into a brick garden border. Cracked the lower suspension arm and even snapped the pin that holds the shock end in, but the steering stayed together and shock end was unscathed. This run also added two broken body mounts, a completely mangled pair of wing mounts and a slight bend in the rear shock tower. My next video will be called: What not to do if you own an expensive rc vehicle. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back