Kraton Cheap tire replacement??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmcgroggan3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Looking for some Backflip'Ish or Shockwave style tires on the cheap. Are there no options that don't have issues with hub strength, glue issues, or crap balancing?.... That are cheap also?? Saw a thread for these https://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1043.html
Love the price and size looks fun but heard all sorts of issues.
I love Backflip Lp and MT but looking for another option around $50 for 4? $70-80 is OK from Jenny's but there hard to find in Stock and wasn't sure if any of these cheap Chinese companies made anything reasonably reliable and good performance.

Ps: fun for me is 90ft+ sends so they need to be pretty strong. I know some sand it way bigger but just adding clarification

Thanks guys

Looking for some Backflip'Ish or Shockwave style tires on the cheap. Are there no options that don't have issues with hub strength, glue issues, or crap balancing?.... That are cheap also?? Saw a thread for these https://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1043.html
Love the price and size looks fun but heard all sorts of issues.
I love Backflip Lp and MT but looking for another option around $50 for 4? $70-80 is OK from Jenny's but there hard to find in Stock and wasn't sure if any of these cheap Chinese companies made anything reasonably reliable and good performance.

Ps: fun for me is 90ft+ sends so they need to be pretty strong. I know some sand it way bigger but just adding clarification

Thanks guys
I have a set of the "Fangs" from NitroRcx, if you read the thread I am thinking of I am sure you saw my experience with the wheels. I've had the same issue with pretty much every set of Chinese wheels and tires I have purchased, the tires are great the wheels not so much.

I have a set of the "Fangs" from NitroRcx, if you read the thread I am thinking of I am sure you saw my experience with the wheels. I've had the same issue with pretty much every set of Chinese wheels and tires I have purchased, the tires are great the wheels not so much.
Yeah man I read all 7 pages of that thread.... Thats what scared me away from them but also got me interested in cheaper options. But at $80 for Arrma Dboots look like the most reliable cheap option..... And honestly I love they way the Backflip MT and LP perform...... Stick with what works.... Thanks buddy

Yeah man I read all 7 pages of that thread.... Thats what scared me away from them but also got me interested in cheaper options. But at $80 for Arrma Dboots look like the most reliable cheap option..... And honestly I love they way the Backflip MT and LP perform...... Stick with what works.... Thanks buddy
I'm not sure if I posted it in that thread or not but I ended up removing the tires from the crappy wheels and mounted them on some DE Racing truggy wheels that I picked up off ebay for about $20. So I'm in them about $56.

I'm not sure if I posted it in that thread or not but I ended up removing the tires from the crappy wheels and mounted them on some DE Racing truggy wheels that I picked up off ebay for about $20. So I'm in them about $56.
You did mention that. That's a good value. Can they take 6s with 8s electrics without balancing issues and big sends tho?? I don't want to rip them apart.

You did mention that. That's a good value. Can they take 6s with 8s electrics without balancing issues and big sends tho?? I don't want to rip them apart.
I ran them on my Outcast on 6s with the stock system for a while and I had to strap them to keep them from ballooning too much. I haven't used them on the Outcast since I bought the Proline Shockwaves though.

I ran them on my Outcast on 6s with the stock system for a while and I had to strap them to keep them from ballooning too much. I haven't used them on the Outcast since I bought the Proline Shockwaves though.
Thanks for this bud, I think I will stick with Dboots then.... Appreciate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back