Infraction Cheap Tires???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcRookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
Anyone have any ideas for cheap mounted tires? I heard the duratrax speedtread robbers are good at 15 bucks a pair! Wanted to see what else was out there.

Are you trying to find more price information for wheels and tires with 12mm hex sizes or with 17mm? Those Duratrax Speedtread Robber are 12mm Hex just as a friendly heads up.

17 preferably. I just ordered an infraction and I was looking at other things for it. I picked up some headlights for night runs. Just wanted some cheap tires also. And thanks. I didn't realize they were 12mm hexes.

So cheap factor wise, you're best bet is going to be a brand GRP Tyres, Ebay is a big seller of these tires and usually around $35 - $45 for the set of 4! You won't really find other brands/companies that sell tires in sets of 4 it's usually sets of 2. They are actually used alot for speed runs, drag racing applications, so they are reliable and well made, even for the price. they also offer different options of Composites, real soft rubber (S1) to hard rubber (S7). Softer the better for grip and cold weather, while hard rubber is more in regards to lasting a lil longer or when running them on a hotter day. These will be around 98mm in diameter size. Another brand I like but a lil more expensive is LouiseGT, they have a couple tarmac/on road tires that are very good as well. I usually find them on Ebay as well for about $50 for a set of 4.

Unfortunately, there are many other options yet for tires on the cheaper price point. We are hoping that with the Infraction and Limitless and any other RC brands releasing similar on road cars/trucks that it will broaden the market a bit. Though, we are still hoping! ? ??

So cheap factor wise, you're best bet is going to be a brand GRP Tyres, Ebay is a big seller of these tires and usually around $35 - $45 for the set of 4! You won't really find other brands/companies that sell tires in sets of 4 it's usually sets of 2. They are actually used alot for speed runs, drag racing applications, so they are reliable and well made, even for the price. they also offer different options of Composites, real soft rubber (S1) to hard rubber (S7). Softer the better for grip and cold weather, while hard rubber is more in regards to lasting a lil longer or when running them on a hotter day. These will be around 98mm in diameter size. Another brand I like but a lil more expensive is LouiseGT, they have a couple tarmac/on road tires that are very good as well. I usually find them on Ebay as well for about $50 for a set of 4.

Unfortunately, there are many other options yet for tires on the cheaper price point. We are hoping that with the Infraction and Limitless and any other RC brands releasing similar on road cars/trucks that it will broaden the market a bit. Though, we are still hoping! ? ??
Thanks hahaha. I actually have a set of grps for my tyhon. They seem pretty good! Thanks for the detailed info. I didnt really know that about the grps. I just kinda grabbed them lol

duratrax speedtread any more try them?

What about Foam tires that are Hard ?
Any recommendations Cheap Medium or harder Foams?

And have someone try GRP 1/8 Rubber wheels with Hard rubber?

if anyone is looking look for the best price on the Hoons, best I've been able to find them is about $23/pair at www.michaelsrchobbies.com. $10 shipping, so the more sets you buy the more that cost gets spread out. Even for two sets its a few bucks cheaper than anywhere else I could find. Not a huge savings, but it pays for a beer!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back