Cheap tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have also tried some 1/10 short course wheels and tires and they seem to roll when turning to much but most importantly they wear down like crazy

So I'm curious if the duratrax or dynamite speedtreads would last any longer. I'd rather spend more money on a set of tires that would last rather than buy a set of 4 for 20 bucks every couple of packs...

Last edited:
Onroad tires will always wear down fast especially when bashing on the street, I have a Team Associated Apex and I burned through 2 sets of tires in 4 battery packs on that thing. Just like in real life doing things like powerslides ect will make the tires wear down a lot faster than driving normally.
You could try the Duratrax Banditos, but if you are driving like a bat out of Hadees all the time they will most likely wear down fast. I would say stay away from the Dynamite Speedtread tires, if the onroad compound is anything like the compound they use on their offroad tires its more like plastic than rubber.

Onroad tires will always wear down fast especially when bashing on the street, I have a Team Associated Apex and I burned through 2 sets of tires in 4 battery packs on that thing. Just like in real life doing things like powerslides ect will make the tires wear down a lot faster than driving normally.
You could try the Duratrax Banditos, but if you are driving like a bat out of Hadees all the time they will most likely wear down fast. I would say stay away from the Dynamite Speedtread tires, if the onroad compound is anything like the compound they use on their offroad tires its more like plastic than rubber.

Was considering these but wasn't sure..

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Dynamite-Spe...289381440?itemId=173289381440&epid=2247603941

Maybe I just need to buy cars of we want to do parking lot racing... you can only drive back and forth in the grass so many times before you want to try something else out with your trucks... maybe I'll set up a course in the grass and say screw the pavement

I think you hit the nail on the head.. power sliding, taking off fast, stopping fast.. just like in a real car ita going to tear the heck out of the rubber..

I think you hit the nail on the head.. power sliding, taking off fast, stopping fast.. just like in a real car ita going to tear the heck out of the rubber..
And the on road tires often use a much softer compound than off road tires. I know in outdoor off road racing some guys go through a set of tires every other race or so.
Basher tires are usually made of harder rubbers that are designed to not wear down as fast.

Yeah I understand if you get to hard of a on road tire it performs like a plastic tire would... you'd think someone other than grp would offer different sized on road tires with optional compounds...

Yeah I understand if you get to hard of a on road tire it performs like a plastic tire would... you'd think someone other than grp would offer different sized on road tires with optional compounds...
I think Sweep Racing does. They also have belted onroad tires.

Check this out any help would be appreciated I bought a set of 3.8 trenchers for my yeti xl which came pre mounted and this is what they do.. from my experience the only way to seat foam is prior to gluing I don't know how to fix once they are glued what do you guys think?

Check this out any help would be appreciated I bought a set of 3.8 trenchers for my yeti xl which came pre mounted and this is what they do.. from my experience the only way to seat foam is prior to gluing I don't know how to fix once they are glued what do you guys think?
Try to massage the foams into position, I had to do this with my tires on my SCX10-II.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back