Notorious J

Arrma demolition crew - code name "wrecking ball"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, Outcast 6s
I have MIP 1.5mm and 2.0mm, love them both especially for those delicate grubs and tiny screws. I use the Dynamite machined hex driver 2.5mm for the bigger screws, and it hasn't let me down.

Jeckler

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
LOL "Dealy-bob". :)
I love my Dynamite handles,the 2nd one you used. My hands don't always appreciate the agony they inflict however.

Mr.Duke

~ Likes to 👨‍🌾 farm in flip flops ~
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Notorious, Outcast 6s, Talion
Good comparison slick

Subscribed to your channel

Jimbobjr

ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Talion, Typhon 6s
Just got the MIP ones, they are really nice. thanks for posting the video, pretty much tells the story. There's good and there's great...

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't stand the sound of my voice, that is quite literally my first rc video I talk in.
I can't either and ended up muting the sound soon after the video started. :D

I'm kidding! In all seriousness you sound fine man. Very clear and easy to understand. Really you did a great job and sound just as good. (y)

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I can't stand the sound of my voice, that is quite literally my first rc video I talk in.
I don't either. I sound like my brothers. It's funny when we are all in a room together, noone outside the group knows who said what, but to each of us, we don't sound alike at all. Until we hear a recording. Really funny considering there's a 16 year gap between us.

The older I get, the more I realize that buying the best tool you can afford is usually the right way to go. That said, I have a set of losi 1.5/2/2.5/3 allens I bought nearly 20 years ago that I still use. When I bought them, I thought the guy behind the counter was on drugs, $50 for 4 allen wrenches? WTF MAN! The handles are small by design and get smaller the smaller the tip to limit torque and aid the user to not over tighten. However, they make my arthritic hands hurt. I still use them to give everything a once over after screwing everything back together with my MIP bits in my Milwaukee screwdriver with a clutch.

I tried hudy, ofna, dynamite, integy speed bits... but MIP speed bits have held up the most years without fail.

HeavyBag

Reaction score
I know I'll get looked down upon for for posting this, but I've gotten away with a low budget Titanium Nitride TiNi Hex Driver Wrench Tool 4 Piece Set 1.5mm/2mm/2.5mm/3.0mm (pictured below). I picked them up from eBay for under $10. The only thing I didn't like about them was the handle's edges hurt my hands when doing a lot of wrenching. The tips are used in a different (Integy) handles now, and original handles were put in the trash. They low budget hex driver set has survived a couple of kit builds (RC8.2e & Yeti) and a couple years of doing weekly/daily RC maintenance.

I needed .05, 1/16, 3/32, 5/64 sizes for my older RCs. So, I got my Integy C22301 driver set that I love. Not sure if Integy is still using quality steel like back in the early 90's, but the new set seems to be holding up well through a couple of kit builds and weekly/daily maintenance. Heck, I'm still using my Integy allen wrenches that I purchased in the early 90's.

If you want the best..https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIP-Thorp-Metric-Hex-Driver-Wrench-Set-3-1-5-2-0-2-5mm-MIP9502-RC-Tools/323632254015?epid=2255372564&hash=item4b59fc4c3f:g:7N8AAOSw8K5avnLu:sc:USPSPriorityMailPaddedFlatRateEnvelope!17889!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0
I may find a MIP set in my pit box someday, but for now I'm happy with my low budget picks so far. Possibly EDS tips could be used to chuck in a hand screwdriver/drill. I've been using a $4.89 "cheap" set for two years now with great results...

set1.jpg

Hoss81

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
My MIP bits are 7 yrs old and still in perfect shape. I've never found a hex bit that fits as tight into a hex head screw as these. The 3 piece set (1.5mm, 2., 2.5mm) is all you'll ever need. Great video!

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I know I'll get looked down upon for for posting this, but I've gotten away with a low budget Titanium Nitride TiNi Hex Driver Wrench Tool 4 Piece Set 1.5mm/2mm/2.5mm/3.0mm (pictured below). I picked them up from eBay for under $10. The only thing I didn't like about them was the handle's edges hurt my hands when doing a lot of wrenching. The tips are used in a different (Integy) handles now, and original handles were put in the trash. They low budget hex driver set has survived a couple of kit builds (RC8.2e & Yeti) and a couple years of doing weekly/daily RC maintenance.

I needed .05, 1/16, 3/32, 5/64 sizes for my older RCs. So, I got my Integy C22301 driver set that I love. Not sure if Integy is still using quality steel like back in the early 90's, but the new set seems to be holding up well through a couple of kit builds and weekly/daily maintenance. Heck, I'm still using my Integy allen wrenches that I purchased in the early 90's.

If you want the best..https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIP-Thorp-Metric-Hex-Driver-Wrench-Set-3-1-5-2-0-2-5mm-MIP9502-RC-Tools/323632254015?epid=2255372564&hash=item4b59fc4c3f:g:7N8AAOSw8K5avnLu:sc:USPSPriorityMailPaddedFlatRateEnvelope!17889!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0
I may find a MIP set in my pit box someday, but for now I'm happy with my low budget picks so far. Possibly EDS tips could be used to chuck in a hand screwdriver/drill. I've been using a $4.89 "cheap" set for two years now with great results...

View attachment 27761
I've thought of getting one like that last set for my pit bag.

EDS still makes tools? I thought they stopped a while back. When I got my MIP's, I was going back and forth as to which to get. At the time, EDS didn't have all 4 of the sizes I wanted in a 1/4" speed bit. So, I went with MIP.

Nitr0EngiEx

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
you guys shouldn't even bother with anything other than MIP it will save you allot of hassle in the long run I promise you!

Sledgehog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
I know I'll get looked down upon for for posting this, but I've gotten away with a low budget Titanium Nitride TiNi Hex Driver Wrench Tool 4 Piece Set 1.5mm/2mm/2.5mm/3.0mm (pictured below). I picked them up from eBay for under $10.
I have the same exact set and have had no major issues whatsoever with them going on 9 months now. Only minor issue is sonetimes the grub screw holding the shaft comes loose and I need to retighten it. Just never put any locktite on them which would prob solve that as well. But seriously, its a great set. No tips have rounded and ive put some hefty force on them.