Cheap tools vs MIP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking to get a set of the MIPs myself. Would you guys suggest the ball ends or the regulars? I can only afford one set, so I am undecided. Ball ends would serve me better but what do you guys suggest?
I don't care for ball ends ever. This is my preference and there may be reasons others do. Even on sale I would not buy ball ends.

I have ball ends on an L-Shaped monkey set. If I need in a rare situation, I'll use junk to get to point b. I don't think I'd ever buy a higher-end ball end wrench.
No it was a bit for the drill.

No it was a bit for the drill.
Yea. If it works for you, awesome. For me, I don't think I'd ever spend real money on ball ends.
The short end I like better

1592021205194.png

Since i got the trutorque SL drivers. I can say the quality of the handle is nice. Other than that ots terrible. The tip is the quality of what you get from amazon. Theres 0 differences i have been killing 2.5mm screws on my mojave those screws that Hold the bumper springs makes me crazy. Im not going to remove the whole front end just to remove two screws. Even my ball end i got branded duratrax is straight up poop.

It stripped the my screws permenantly it skipped once and that was it when i was using my drill at low speed. I need a 2.0 MIP and about the 2.5mm i think i just need the bit with the ball end. I did get a terrible experience with my first ball end tool. But i don't want to take everything apart because of 2 stupid screws. Breaks my mind when i have remove a stripped screw and damage stuff in the process to remove it.

anyone have any experience with mip ball ends?
I do like the protek handles helps me to thread those suckers by putting another wrench inside and get leverage. Takes for ever.Something i would never be able to with mip drivers. Sucks they don't make remplacement tips

Since i got the trutorque SL drivers. I can say the quality of the handle is nice. Other than that ots terrible. The tip is the quality of what you get from amazon. Theres 0 differences i have been killing 2.5mm screws on my mojave those screws that Hold the bumper springs makes me crazy. Im not going to remove the whole front end just to remove two screws. Even my ball end i got branded duratrax is straight up poop.

It stripped the my screws permenantly it skipped once and that was it when i was using my drill at low speed. I need a 2.0 MIP and about the 2.5mm i think i just need the bit with the ball end. I did get a terrible experience with my first ball end tool. But i don't want to take everything apart because of 2 stupid screws. Breaks my mind when i have remove a stripped screw and damage stuff in the process to remove it.

anyone have any experience with mip ball ends?
I do like the protek handles helps me to thread those suckers by putting another wrench inside and get leverage. Takes for ever.Something i would never be able to with mip drivers. Sucks they don't make remplacement tips
There are replacement tips for the Protek TruTorque drivers. Normal and ball end tips https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...tenance-cars-trucks/c-quqzsdseytwryqgz?fb=209

Just ordered a set of metric and standard sizes on eBay.

I noticed my Bondhaus drivers didn't want to fit the hex screws very well in the Senton. Maybe the MIPS will be better.
Same!

Exact reason I ordered some MIP wrenches. Should show up this week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back