Cheaper to LWB a Notorious or those body and wheels on a Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerDubs

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I'm new here and haven't bought an Arrma yet.

I like the notorious body and wheels/tires- but after watching a bunch of videos, I think I want the stability of the Kraton and it's longer chassis.

Since they are both the same price initially- I can either buy parts to make a Notorious longer- or buy a kraton and a notorious body and tires/wheels.

Figure the body and wheels/tires would be about $125-150 depending on shipping and tax...any ideas on what chasis parts to lwb a Notorious would be?

I think the chassis is like $20 on Jennysrc. Then just buy the braces and other plastic bits on eBay. After having both I don’t know which I like better, depends on the day. Outcast is like something from a cartoon, pretty silly.

I like my notorious/outcast. If i drop the shocks and get the CG low as possible it's pretty predictable and you can learn when to coast a corner. on 6S I know i need to be cooking at least about 25mph before giving more throttle. Just depends on if you want truggy style characteristics or MT.

I think the chassis is like $20 on Jennysrc. Then just buy the braces and other plastic bits on eBay. After having both I don’t know which I like better, depends on the day. Outcast is like something from a cartoon, pretty silly.
Is there a thread that shows how to LWB an outcast? just wondering

Pretty sure there is but haven’t seen it pop up lately. I have not done it but Check out Thomasp, I think he has some videos about his on his YouTube channel. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCk2_aQr8TlaaiigrsBBxaDg
I think you just need the chassis, either front brace and or rear and the longer front and or rear drive shaft and possibly change your body mounts or rig something up...and that’s about it. Sorry I don’t have my rigs in front of me and I cant remember if it’s the front or rear bits that are longer, pretty sure it’s the rear.

It’s all in the rear. So new chassis, longer rear centre drive shaft and rear chassis brace

How to lower the notorious for speed runs do you have instructions.

Ebay had a 15% off everything code yesterday so I purchased a Notorious and some parts.

Need to decide on a charger and some batteries now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back