Vendetta Cheapest 100MPH Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vendetta. Corally 6S ESC. Stock everything else. 4S battery geared to the moon.
thats low down cheap fast.🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 Well done! I start thinking”dream’n” limitless! 😎

I have just as much fun,if not more with detta,not as scard to crash it..an it faster than in shorter area than any bigger car..I've done 0-122mph-0 in 1200ft in my neighborhood with detta..to do 100 cheap,dettonly needs a system, spool,an that's about it..it'll most likely get crashed Bad before your get there unless somewhat experienced in speed,I crashed alot before reaching 100....I just redid mine cause I maxed system out..installed about the biggest system possible in a detta in the last couple hours..got some work to finish,bout burnt mmx8s up today on a 4s pass..esc temp went from 70 degress to 196 degrees in about 11 seconds on a 135mph 4s pass...esc had a 4s fan on it too....crazy....so back in with xlx2see what it'll do tomorrow...this car will smoke any car I've ever had 0-120mph.its insane..still currently fastest 3s,4s vendetta

I have just as much fun,if not more with detta,not as scard to crash it..an it faster than in shorter area than any bigger car..I've done 0-122mph-0 in 1200ft in my neighborhood with detta..to do 100 cheap,dettonly needs a system, spool,an that's about it..it'll most likely get crashed Bad before your get there unless somewhat experienced in speed,I crashed alot before reaching 100....I just redid mine cause I maxed system out..installed about the biggest system possible in a detta in the last couple hours..got some work to finish,bout burnt mmx8s up today on a 4s pass..esc temp went from 70 degress to 196 degrees in about 11 seconds on a 135mph 4s pass...esc had a 4s fan on it too....crazy....so back in with xlx2see what it'll do tomorrow...this car will smoke any car I've ever had 0-120mph.its insane..still currently fastest 3s,4s vendetta
I’m not interested in smoking any ESCs lol What would be a conservative gear ratio and system for a 100MPH run?

Is it also possible on 3S?

What’s the cheapest way to hit 100MPH?

What car would you buy?
0A00
I’m not interested in smoking any ESCs lol What would be a conservative gear ratio and system for a 100MPH run?

Is it also possible on
Mm2 an tp3640 3400-3900kv 3s ya might get there, definitely do it on 4s +

What car would you buy?
Traxxas XO-1. You asked. Don't beat me up. The smart ass in me had to do it. Lol.

Not my thing. Lots of examples here. 3S is pushing it. Definitely on 4S.

What setup would you use for a Vendetta to reach 100MPH without heat issues?

Xlx2 tp4060 can rip 100mph all day an won't overheat.

16726948486023670635059218266231.jpg

Xlx2 tp4060 can rip 100mph all day an won't overheat.

View attachment 266892
But is it the cheapest? Sounds like the OP already has a Vendetta and a tight budget. Speculation but, one based on the questions.

I'm no expert but, I've learned to "Over power and under volt". Could the OP get the same results from a stock 4S system on 3S? Or stock 6S system on 4S? A lot cheaper to buy new pullouts here or from Jennys.

The bigger question is whether the stock internals will hold up? What have you done to yours to handle that powerhouse? If the list is long, it's not budget friendly either. Just my .02.

But is it the cheapest? Sounds like the OP already has a Vendetta and a tight budget. Speculation but, one based on the questions.

I'm no expert but, I've learned to "Over power and under volt". Could the OP get the same results from a stock 4S system on 3S? Or stock 6S system on 4S? A lot cheaper to buy new pullouts here or from Jennys.

The bigger question is whether the stock internals will hold up? What have you done to yours to handle that powerhouse? If the list is long, it's not budget friendly either. Just my .02.
Do you have any ideas that would get close to the 100MPH mark? Your comment was spot on BTW.

Well, first you asked for the cheapest way to reach 100mph. Then you asked how to do it without heat issues.

Those are two very different questions. And the answers have a difference of ~$500.
I’d say the answer is likely the opposite because of ohm’s law. It’s more expensive to go 100mph on 4S than it is on 6S. Not counting batteries.

I watched a few YouTube videos and one guy only changed the ESC and he was able to obtain 100MPH using 4S

I read in the comments that another individual tried the same and ended up not able to reach the 100MPH.

That’s why I came to the forum to ask others who have tried different things to get a few more opinions.

Seems like a hard question to answer though and I don’t have the money to try a few different options so hopefully someone could help me out.

Thank you!

What car would you buy?
A Granite voltage 2wd brushed with a tow rope behind a Bugatti Veyron. 😆🤣

Last edited:
You can take an Arrma 6s ESC and motor to 95 mph pretty easily. (been that fast with a Typhon 6s and Kraton 6s stock motor and ESC)
It is that next 5 mph that makes it hard. I have seen someone go in the 100-teens with the Arrma 8s esc.

Maybe it could do it in the vendetta with a RTR type ESC that is low cost.

The problem is the ESCs that can put out the big amperage needed for 110+ mph speeds are expensive and won't fit the "cheap" build budget. The Corrally 6s esc idea above might be good.

If you want to go under 100mph the price is pretty cheap but going over 100 mph gets pricey..... You will also need quality LiPos which also get pricey. Going fast and not spending money just don't go together.

I bought a used Typhon 6s for $260 with no radio and put a limitless v1 spool in there with a set of GRP tires on it and already had my own radio and 6s lipo to reach 96.5 mph. That is about the cheapest speed I have seen done.

Right now I have a 1/7 scale car with a TP4070cm and XLX2 running 146 mph on 4s 💪
The power of the XLX2 is insane!

Last edited:
Maybe it could do it in the vendetta with a RTR type ESC that is low cost.

The problem is the ESCs that can put out the big amperage needed for 110+ mph speeds are expensive and won't fit the "cheap" build budget. The Corrally 6s esc idea above might be good.

If you want to go under 100mph the price is pretty cheap but going over 100 mph gets pricey..... You will also need quality LiPos which also get pricey. Going fast and not spending money just don't go together.

I bought a used Typhon 6s for $260 with no radio and put a limitless v1 spool in there with a set of GRP tires on it and already had my own radio and 6s lipo to reach 96.5 mph. That is about the cheapest speed I have seen done.

Right now I have a 1/7 scale car with a TP4070cm and XLX2 running 146 mph on 4s 💪
The power of the XLX2 is insane!
What is the 1/7 scale car?

I'd say buying a vendetta and swapping in a "cheap" 6s system is probably your best bet for a low cost 100mph RC. Whether you can actually get there and put the power to the ground and keep the car straight is another thing. Tires will probably be your second hurdle. I don't think stock tires are good for 100.

Alternately, you could also follow KT's super cheap 100mph build on youtube. Perhaps he has some nuggets you could glean.

Is it also possible on 3S?
0A00

Mm2 an tp3640 3400-3900kv 3s ya might get there, definitely do it on 4s +
Even cheaper get a vendetta and a Spektrum 150a esc. You most likely will have to buy some 17mm adapters and run some 100mm tires.
Edit: Not trying to copy LibertyMKiii and Hector_Fisher wrote this before I saw their posts.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back