Mojave Cheapo tires that work well on the Mojave!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order66

Lover of reproducible results
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Mojave
  4. Talion
Requires some body trim, but I already had a body on hand that I trimmed for paddle tracks.

Also, I’m running 8S at 1250kV and 23T. You’ll want a little extra juice to spin these, but they’re a great fit to the truck and (I think) an even further improvement to an already awesome stock platform. For me, the Mojave really only came to life at 8S, and this slightly wider stance really plants the truck.

Rodalind 4Pcs 150mm Wheel Rim and Tires for 1/8 Monster Truck Racing RC Car Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YW8R668/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_O9n8Fb7J8MB5N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

847215E9-2505-42E9-8D8B-0A019BB4B5F8.jpeg

Update:
They really do rock on the ground; they’re just the right softness and the little extra width I’ve wanted to knock down the traction rolls and plant it without losing clearance.

But they do turn into biiig pizza cutters in the air; you have to be conscious to let off the throttle as soon as wheels leave the ground or they grow 2-3x in diameter with nothing but thin air to grab.

but performance on the ground is flat awesome and amazing at $37 for a set of four, mounted and glued. I didn’t fortify the glue either.

As much as I’d like a wider tire, I think those skinny DBoots still work best because they’re so small, and even when spun up, the profile doesn’t grab the wheel well. I trimmed all over the place looking for where the noise was coming (which was hard because it only happened in the air) til I realized it was the tires going pizza pizza

That’s what I’m most impressed with! I have bought and chewed up a couple of cheapo tires that 8S just twists the hubs through the soft plastic. This is an issue with the stock wheel set as well. You can’t tighten the right side enough without thread lock for it to spin loose and chew up the wheel.

but the beads have held and aside from the wheel well action, they’re a great and very affordable addition to the Mojave arsenal.

Requires some body trim, but I already had a body on hand that I trimmed for paddle tracks.

Also, I’m running 8S at 1250kV and 23T. You’ll want a little extra juice to spin these, but they’re a great fit to the truck and (I think) an even further improvement to an already awesome stock platform. For me, the Mojave really only came to life at 8S, and this slightly wider stance really plants the truck.

Rodalind 4Pcs 150mm Wheel Rim and Tires for 1/8 Monster Truck Racing RC Car Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YW8R668/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_O9n8Fb7J8MB5N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 117393
I’m surprised they hold up to 8s! I went thru a set on my dhk Maximus. 2 wheels cracked right up the spokes. The hexes got wobbly on the other 2. I put some plastic weld on the cracks and ran them for a bit until I got different tires. Maybe I got a bad set idk.

Ive got about 20 packs through these. They have held up great for me. I found them on amazon for 50$ canadian. Ill be throwing 8s on mine right away, my damn 8mm bore pinions finally showed up right before i flew away for work for 2 weeks. So later this month ill see how they hold up to 1100kv 8s.

I’m always looking for a street tire, anyone have any suggestions for something that is close to stock sized and preferably belted?

Thanks, I just happen to have a set of those on my Maxx... I didn’t even think about that, I’ll check it out!

Here are some belted 2.8 lockups on far from stock mojave.i think it would be a good fit on stock mojave.all the belted 2.8 mt tires are 5.4 inches tall.i tore one on 8s.good tire thou.i cut it open i didn’t see any belts.looked like a kevler strip down centor or something.sidewalls balloon an will tear at higher rpms

20201130_165657.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back