Kraton Check your new rigs before you run them!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
So recently purchased a new Kraton 6s blx RTR, drove it like a grandma first run. Second run did a few small jumps and some cruising. 3rd run changed pinion to 15t and did some decent bashing/jumping some backflips all on little ramp getting only 7-8ft air max nothing crazy. So noticed end of 3rd run some clicking (most likely diff issue). Pulled front diff to find metal pieces in the case ?. Spur on front diff had chewed to $hit teeth in two spots, input gear looks ok though. Opened front diff to find maybe half full of fluid. Also noticed drive cup on front right side was chewing into A arm so don't think the 1 shim they out in was enough either which could have been half of the issue also. Definitely pissed couldn't even get three runs (2 of which where only 5+ mins and easy driving) with out having parts fail. QC is definitely just not there with Arrma, think they are more worried about getting product out over any kind of quality these days. Anyways DO NOT run any new rig without pretty much doing a full breakdown and checking EVERYTHING! Here are the photos of the breakage?.
IMG_20200910_224613668.jpg
IMG_20200910_231958260.jpg
IMG_20200910_235044931.jpg
IMG_20200910_232020736.jpg
IMG_20200910_235455217.jpg
IMG_20200911_001305284.jpg

IMG_20200910_235455217.jpg

Sounds like some bad luck and having this happen to a new truck is beyond frustrating but I did read a few posts about the lack of oil in the differentials on the new Kraton EXB trucks. I have never had a problem with diffs on my V3 Kraton 6s and I'm the worst when it comes to maintenance. All I do is drill some holes in the tires and let it rip. I do post run check all the diff screws and pinion on all my rigs to make sure nothing came loose.

It’s my number one rule and I’m picky. I buy used rigs and do just the same and spend half the money. I also get to skip the new rig paranoia on some of them because they are already “broke in” which is my favorite part.

It’s my number one rule and I’m picky. I buy used rigs and do just the same and spend half the money. I also get to skip the new rig paranoia on some of them because they are already “broke in” which is my favorite part.

Got both of my Arrmas this way. They werent cheap overall, because they came with some of the highest quality (M2c, etc) you can get, but compared to me buying an RTR and upgrading it the same way, they were both a bargain.

Ya definitely not happy to say the least, over $600 on the rig to get not even 3 runs in?. I'll be going through everything now with the down time and might as well get my sealed bearings installed and all my other upgrades while I wait for new front diff gear to come in. Thankfully found and ordered one already cause sure my claim to horizon will take couple months to get parts replaced?.

Sorry about that.... My Felony has some concerns and I did not want to do the work out the box....I am glad I opened it all up and addressed every concern... Yep QC is a hit or miss....

Sorry about that.... My Felony has some concerns and I did not want to do the work out the box....I am glad I opened it all up and addressed every concern... Yep QC is a hit or miss....
Ya beginning to think RTR is more like Ready To Repair and not Ready To Run.

TBH Ive only ever had one brand new RTR, it was a nitro Tmaxx 3.0. I did nothing to it before breaking it in....thinking back, maybe I should have!

My other 4 or 5 RCs have been bought used and had no issues at all other than what I broke on my own.

This kind of stuff never happens on a Talion. ;) (sorry, couldn't resist).

Yeah, if the Kraton EXB has taught me anything, it's how to break down diffs on 6s vehicles and now I've gone back and re-checked and re-shimmed all the diffs in my 6s cars/trucks.

I can relate to this post.

I got my Felony 2 days ago and stripped her apart before running her.

1) Diff grease was non-existent and level of oil was very low (yes, all three diffs). Honestly, I wasn’t surprised as Arrma is known to be cheap with their lubrication.

2) Factory shimming was done by someone who is either a) blind, b) ignorant, c) didn’t give a sh!t, or d) mixture of all three.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back