CHIT!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad u found that gps!
Curious why people just don't run a GPS app on a phone for speed runs?
Is it the phone weight?

Glad u found that gps!
Curious why people just don't run a GPS app on a phone for speed runs?
Is it the phone weight?
Phone costs much more when it ejects from the vehicle imo. I also only have one phone at a time.
I ran my Note 8 in my Slash looking for speed and I did get the correct measure but hit a bunch of brush and cartwheeled the truck at the end. It was recorded but felt like I was having a heart attack! The $60 kit works ok and I get what I pay for.

After reading this thread, I revived an old BlackBerry Z10 I had in a drawer and plan to try using it to check speed. Cost me $20 for a battery, so the investment is small if something bad happens.

I was thinking that but for some reason didnt mention it. Thats what i use when GPSing. And with a decent app it'll show you top speed without having to reset it. I really cant see it coming out if you cross it with zip ties to the shock mount, etc.
I have maybe 3 or 4 old phone i could use.
Heres a pretty cool fact:

Approximately 150 million mobile phones are discarded each year in the USA. Up to 35 000 pounds of copper and 772 pounds of silver can be recovered per 1 million devices recycled.

I was thinking that but for some reason didnt mention it. Thats what i use when GPSing. And with a decent app it'll show you top speed without having to reset it. I really cant see it coming out if you cross it with zip ties to the shock mount, etc.
I have maybe 3 or 4 old phone i could use.
Heres a pretty cool fact:

Approximately 150 million mobile phones are discarded each year in the USA. Up to 35 000 pounds of copper and 772 pounds of silver can be recovered per 1 million devices recycled.
Or they can start dropping them of at their lhs so we can give them new lives. Who wants to start the campaign?

Well, running my Typhon 3S on 3S, with a 23 tooth pinion. My new speed meter came off. Searched, and found it. Then strapped it down with one of the battery straps, and ran some more, 61 mph whoopee! Then lost the meter again, and I can not find it anywhere! BUMMER Just got the thing yesterday!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BIBZUGO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Easy come, easy go(n)?:mad:
hmmmmmm...... if your 3s is running 61 makes me wonder what my 4s Typhon is running at because it doesn't look all that fast even with speed gear on. since you are developing a habit to loosing your GPS you could pick up a Tile Pro to help you find it next time

61 was apparently from an earlier run with my Kraton. When I finally found the meter the second time, after running the Typhon 3S, it had 58 mph on it. And thanks for the tip. I have a little tracker thing here somewhere I bought for my drones, but never used. I'll have to hunt it up.
https://loc8tor.co.uk/shop/loc8tor-lite/

Whoopee! Well, went off for lunch. Came back, and started walking again. My arthritic hips killin me. Nothing. Had to stop a few times to rest. Finally, while walking back to my driveway, I said to myself, "Lordy Jesus, help me find this thing, I know it's just a material item, but I hate loosing it" took 2 more steps, and almost stepped on it! I'm not a church going man, but do believe. Main problem was I had velcro on the backside, where I mount it on my Kraton, and it was laying with the black side up, blending in with the dirt, leaves, etc. Guess maybe I ought to go to Church this Sunday. No mo running this thing until I have it VERY securely fastened with velcro and tie straps!:):):):):):)
Paint it fluorescent pink/yellow with fingernail paint might make it easier to spot next time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back