Chitty bang bang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
chitty bang bang
ace ventura film GIF

Last edited:
Not sure, the limit is what the tires can handle. Seems the drive units could handle way more.

Perhaps it would make sense to limit it to a tire size or even a brand.
Like the belted MX28hp with or without kevlar straps. Guess that would make it interesting to more people as it's not just about the XLX2 and 1717.

Not sure, the limit is what the tires can handle. Seems the drive units could handle way more.

Perhaps it would make sense to limit it to a tire size or even a brand.
Like the belted MX28hp with or without kevlar straps. Guess that would make it interesting to more people as it's not just about the XLX2 and 1717.
chitty bang bang

Last edited:
Yes this is an unofficial thing already. 100mph is a good speed to shoot for. But off road is really subjective. Is the salt flats off road? Is a smooth beach off road? Does it have to be grass or dirt? Lots of gray area here

It’s for sale, but thinking about keeping it to try and hit 100 in sand. 2028/XLX2View attachment 179825
DAMN! THATS A MEAN LOOKING MACHINE!! 🤤

and yes I dig what ur saying. Prob class it due to terrain. Part of folks PB's and such would just be due to best as listed. But on a diff off road surface they lead cause their grass is better. Maybe this doesn't make sense. I was hit in the head recently 😆

Thanks I expected it to sell quick, it’s all brand new but I’m going to get her running I think now and shoot for triple digits, I have to perfect spot that’s long enough in sand to open it up.

As far as I am aware no one has hit 100(+) on any terrain other than the street. I can’t find a single video of someone getting triple digits so I think breaking that barrier is a start. Seen folks say they have done it in YouTube comments but no proof. Ya know guys like to talk.. I will be filming attempts so I can post here whenever I have time And weather is decent. I live on coast so sand right now is hard and be perfect for runs if I can get a break in the weather while I’m home.

Yes this is an unofficial thing already. 100mph is a good speed to shoot for. But off road is really subjective. Is the salt flats off road? Is a smooth beach off road? Does it have to be grass or dirt? Lots of gray area here
chitty bang bang
DAMN! THATS A MEAN LOOKING MACHINE!! 🤤

and yes I dig what ur saying. Prob class it due to terrain. Part of folks PB's and such would just be due to best as listed. But on a diff off road surface they lead cause their grass is better. Maybe this doesn't make sense. I was hit in the head recently 😆
chitty bang bang

Last edited:
Got my 6s Kraton to 110km/h with stock electronics, suspension and the original old Minokawa MT tyres. Surprisingly the tyres didn't let go.

Nevermind looks like they posted this month ago. 103, with the 30hp lehner

Ok. You probably didn't need to sabotage your own thread though. I thought it was an interesting idea. Some of the biggest open areas near me are grassed and I have thought about doing speed runs on it. No curbs or traffic to worry about. Traction would be an issue though, maybe. Also offroad tyres would be a limiting factor, not suited for high speeds.

Ok. You probably didn't need to sabotage your own thread though. I thought it was an interesting idea. Some of the biggest open areas near me are grassed and I have thought about doing speed runs on it. No curbs or traffic to worry about. Traction would be an issue though, maybe. Also offroad tyres would be a limiting factor, not suited for high speeds.
All true. But you made my case...the point was to see what peoples truck are capable of doing...not to break records.
Like I said its an idea that doesn't seem to suit many or any.
Its all good. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back