Choice of video camera?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slpcrf450x

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I started looking to buy a camera to take some video of RCs dirt bike rides, etc. Obviously the GoPro is a good option but there are many others out there that claim to be similar quality at a much lower price.
What does everyone here use for videos, and how do you like it?

I started looking to buy a camera to take some video of RCs dirt bike rides, etc. Obviously the GoPro is a good option but there are many others out there that claim to be similar quality at a much lower price.
What does everyone here use for videos, and how do you like it?
We have 2 GoPro hero3 silvers, a gopro session 5, a Hawkeye firefly Q6 (My personal fav, but it ate the pavement on top of the Senton during a speed run) and a Sky HD-001 for FPV on the surface vehicles (plus it records in 1080). They all work pretty well as I stated the Q6 was my favorite, it is designed for FPV racing copters so its small and light.

We have 2 GoPro hero3 silvers, a gopro session 5, a Hawkeye firefly Q6 (My personal fav, but it ate the pavement on top of the Senton during a speed run) and a Sky HD-001 for FPV on the surface vehicles (plus it records in 1080). They all work pretty well as I stated the Q6 was my favorite, it is designed for FPV racing copters so its small and light.
I like the size of the Hawkey for doing on board video. I looked at some sample videos and the quality seems very good for a camera so small. The only downside that I can see is not having as many mounting options available.

I like the size of the Hawkey for doing on board video. I looked at some sample videos and the quality seems very good for a camera so small. The only downside that I can see is not having as many mounting options available.
I use Velcro on the body at a convenient place. I have some nice clearish stuff I got on amazon. I pit the white on the camera and the clear on the rc body. Look at some of my YouTube videos www.YouTube.com/user/luthedub most of the onboard video is from the Q6 unless stated that it was an FPV run then its the Sky hd-001

I have a GoPro 3 Black, love the remote feature. I attached the remote to one of those coiled stretch-type loops for keys and have it at the ready. Much easier than pushing the button or fumbling with a phone.
I saw the new version has voice activated commands. How kewl it that? To do it all again, instead of the best GoPro, I'd get a couple of the bottom ones. Getting shots from multiple angles is sweet!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back