Talion Choosing between Senton & Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjstretch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
hey guys. I'm relatively new to the rc environment. I've owned smaller rc cars in the past but I'm looking to make a big buy but would like to make the proper decision. I've been looking into the Arrma Senton and Talion models 4wd 6s brushless but I'm having trouble coming to a final decision. Difference in driving? Capbilities? Is it possible to make the Senton as wide as the Talion? I've noticed the maneuverability in the Talion is a little greater because the front wheels make contact first as the Sentons front bumper often tends to hit the ground first if the front end is too low. I'm looking to be able to take the car both on road (pavement) and offload (dirt gravel snow grass etc).
some input would be great :)

hey guys. I'm relatively new to the rc environment. I've owned smaller rc cars in the past but I'm looking to make a big buy but would like to make the proper decision. I've been looking into the Arrma Senton and Talion models 4wd 6s brushless but I'm having trouble coming to a final decision. Difference in driving? Capbilities? Is it possible to make the Senton as wide as the Talion? I've noticed the maneuverability in the Talion is a little greater because the front wheels make contact first as the Sentons front bumper often tends to hit the ground first if the front end is too low. I'm looking to be able to take the car both on road (pavement) and offload (dirt gravel snow grass etc).
some input would be great :)

I'm about to hot the trigger in 2 days and in the same situation as you. In my case Senton / Kraton. I like the Senton more.. It looks better, it looks like tons of fun but I have the exact same concerns as you. I know that T-Bone makes A arm protectors and front bumpers which I'll probably get. Probably gonna order a spare A arms too just in case. Regarding the nose down, I think it's less of an issue on 6S (according to a review). My biggest concern is the smaller wheels. The Kraton/Talion both have much bigger wheels.. the difference in price in my country is around 200$ more for the Kraton. What do you think you will get? My heart goes for the Senton but, like you , it's going to be my first non toy RC. Waiting for input from other users!

I'll throw my 2 cents in for what its worth. Like you guys I was in the same boat and ended up going with the Senton and love it!!! The only downside I've come across is that it flips a little easier when compared to the other guys I drive with. They all drive arrma cars as well, Typhon, Tailon and Kraton. Most of the time we do our driving in my buddys backyard a mixture of grass and dirt with some jumps. The Senton seems to be able to turn a little sharper the Tailon but is a little nose heavy on the jumps. I personally still prefer the look and the handling of the Senton but the Tailon is a close second.

Yep. The Senton. Is the prettiest of the bunch but the community of the Kraton is so much bigger.. I think I'll go with the Senton. Do you find the smaller wheels and the shorter ground clearance problematic compared to your friends' RCs?

no i haven't really noticed any problems with ground clearance. but I did change the springs and went to buggy tires, which were a little taller, almost right away. right now i am running some traxxas talon 2.8 tires on rpm's 17mm os wheels and really like the combination, other then the fact that i can't seem to glue them very well.

In one of the post someone told that changing to a bigger tires (2.8) caused his hubs to crack. As a noob, is it hard to replace hubs?

Senton/Kraton both use the same wheel hub, so that is bigger tire is not what caused the break, I bet. Replacing is not hard, but you have to turn some screws. Even if the hub is good, you want to get into that part every few months or after wet runs to clean the bearings.

I have the Kraton and Typhon (very similar size to Senton). They both bash great. Kraton is a lot better is grass, rough ground, big jumps. Typhon is faster, and more fun on the smooth stuff. I love them both, and would be in trouble if I had to chose only one.

I own both a senton and a Talion and love them both, the senton is more agile and sleek. where the Talion is a speed monster that loves to fly!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back