Granite Chopped Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrayZee_One

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
Hi all,

knocked up a chopped Granite with buggy wheels, going for small and light.
All std Granite BLX 4x4 parts plus Typhon BLX 4x4 17mm axle setup and Louise buggy wheels.
Body mounts were fun. I used a moddified Typhon mount for the rear and for the front I reamed some holes in the front of the car and inserted the bumper setup attaching the bumber spring from the rear (but not to the chassis which makes a front hinged body.
Pretty happy with it on the test run. I'll change the rear shocks out as they are a bit too tight for this one as the rear hopped around a little too much.
First time chopping into a RTR body. I don't think it will be the toughest body after removing so much of it. Lots of gaff tape going inside body next!

20190406_144640.jpg
20190406_144724.jpg
20190406_144857.jpg
20190406_144958.jpg

That is AWESOME...!! ?????????? So cool the way the shock towers poke through the hood..!!

Might try it with mine when I get bored..?

Thanks peeps!
Changed out the shocks to std granite and took it for a 3s run. No more rear end hopping.
With 3s, it's as wild a s a squirrel with its nuts on fire!
Goes like stink in a straight line, gotta be easy on the throttle or just flips..... corners, slowly does it hahah.....
I think it needs a wider track, I might try the Badlands 28s on it next. I really wanted to stick with light buggy wheels but being able to corner might be more important.

That is wicked looking. What shocks are you running on the front. Might have to chop up a granite body for my Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back