Kraton Christmas in September!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
So going to be like Christmas today for me.... Got my first 6s rig scheduled to be delivered
Screenshot_20200831-221339.png

And also the first bunch of upgrade parts scheduled for delivery today also!!
Screenshot_20200902-205741.png

Highly recommend Amain hobbies, ordered parts couple days ago and will be here already, also they offer Affirm (payment plan) which is hugely helpful as well!

@Edough13 congrats on the new Kraton 6s, it's a beast of a truck.

While I would agree with you that AMain is indeed a good shop to buy from. I strongly disagree with anyone using the Affirm payment plan to buy anything RC related.

I love this hobby as much or more as anyone else, but use cash/debit but don't be going taking micro loans or putting RC spending on a payment plan.

I understand your reasoning @WoodiE , but also not all of us are fortunate enough to shell out hundreds of dollars at a time. At least there is the option for people like myself that can purchase things and be able to fit it into my monthly budget over saving months on end. Also helps build credit over time as well so not sure how it's any different from putting it on a credit card which again you have interest to pay.

I understand your reasoning @WoodiE , but also not all of us are fortunate enough to shell out hundreds of dollars at a time. At least there is the option for people like myself that can purchase things and be able to fit it into my monthly budget over saving months on end. Also helps build credit over time as well so not sure how it's any different from putting it on a credit card which again you have interest to pay.

Never heard of Affirm. What interest do they charge?

If only minimum payments are made it comes out to little over 10% for a year long payment plan. So for instance a $615 purchase if payed in minimum payments will end up being about $690. Monthly payments are about $57, again this is for year/12 monthly payments. They also offer 3mo, 6mo. plans which I'm sure is lower interest as well. To me it is a great option, again not everyone can afford to pay hundreds of dollars at a time and this makes it possible for those of us that can't.

If only minimum payments are made it comes out to little over 10% for a year long payment plan. So for instance a $615 purchase if payed in minimum payments will end up being about $690. Monthly payments are about $57, again this is for year/12 monthly payments. They also offer 3mo, 6mo. plans which I'm sure is lower interest as well. To me it is a great option, again not everyone can afford to pay hundreds of dollars at a time and this makes it possible for those of us that can't.

You must have a very bad addiction! ;):ROFLMAO: I get it! I had no idea that's what affirm was or they even offered that type of service. Just thinking ahead and out loud, once you bust something which you will, its going to sting making that payment on a busted rig. Not trying to be a d!ck, I just know how I would be feeling.

again not everyone can afford to pay hundreds of dollars at a time and this makes it possible for those of us that can't.
Absolutely you can. If you can make monthly payments then you can make those same payments to yourself until you save the full amount (and save yourself the extra interest amount for cool upgrades). This isn't an issue on weather you can "afford to pay hundreds of dollars at a time" it's an issue of delayed gratification.

At the end of the day, these are toy cars and as I've said before, I would never suggest anyone to take a loan on toy cars.

You must have a very bad addiction! ;):ROFLMAO: I get it! I had no idea that's what affirm was or they even offered that type of service. Just thinking ahead and out loud, once you bust something which you will, its going to sting making that payment on a busted rig. Not trying to be a d!ck, I just know how I would be feeling.
Actually I feel it's the opposite, if I depleted my funds to purchase a new rig from the start I wouldn't be able to afford to replace broken parts. Where as making small payments gives me the ability to afford parts without having to wait X amount of time to save money and be able to replace them. Again this works for me, everyone has there own preference to suit there needs.

Actually I feel it's the opposite, if I depleted my funds to purchase a new rig from the start I wouldn't be able to afford to replace broken parts. Where as making small payments gives me the ability to afford parts without having to wait X amount of time to save money and be able to replace them. Again this works for me, everyone has there own preference to suit there needs.

Either way good lookin rig, I dig the blue lid!

Thanks, just took it out for quick spin, still nervous to break something and have to get used to the size over my Granite this thing is HUGE! Not sure if it's the fact it's like 95° out but motor was way hot after just cruising a little bit, any suggestions on what to check? Gave a quick once over checked to make sure everything was tight, other than that adjusted ESC to punch 8 and break to max. Thanks for any input everyone!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back