Kraton Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waspmoose

Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Rc Addiction
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
I know it’s a ways away. But after watching the videos a while ago, is there anything in the rumor mill for a Christmas release? Anyone have any ideas of what is coming next? Clearly this can’t be all for 2019.

O.K , we'll go with guessing !! I guess maybe an Arrma boat !!!!! And a version of a short course truck to compete with the UDR and SBR !!!

Arrma's industry analysts seem to know exactly what the market wants.... if you have followed the RC hobby in the last few years you know that Arrma is missing a purpose built rock crawler and a large scale Monster truck. That is my guess at the next 2 vehicles to be released fall/winter.

No rock crawler (Remember "built Fast, Built Tough").

Large scale, we are still missing a v4 Senton. We were promised the 6s Senton was not dropped, but they had "Big Plans". I still expect a 1/6 Senton, similar to the SBR, but without the solid axle.

Too many unused holes on the new chassis for the Limitless and Infraction, so I'm going with a 1/6th scale basher based off the Kraton along with a revised Senton soon to follow

Large scale, we are still missing a v4 Senton. We were promised the 6s Senton was not dropped, but they had "Big Plans". I still expect a 1/6 Senton, similar to the SBR, but without the solid axle.
Traxxas motto is "The Fastest name in radio control" yet they build crawlers...
Just saying companies go where the money is and crawling is massive right now.

With that said I would rather see some large scale bashers. A boat would be interesting too but the boat side of the hobby is pretty weak these days.
Too many unused holes on the new chassis for the Limitless and Infraction, so I'm going with a 1/6th scale basher based off the Kraton along with a revised Senton soon to follow
I actually doubt they would use that chassis. The aerodynamic ends set the differential higher causing the suspension arms and ultimately the wheels higher, reducing ground clearance. This would be the opposite design use for a basher. Maybe a flat version of the same chassis? I will be curious how they beef things up to not bend constantly with the longer chassis in a basher. (longer = more leverage to bend the chassis) It will have to be braced significantly, or there is always the aftermarket to the rescue.

Because I race SC trucks , I have a soft spot for them , love the look/body roll/etc . So a Senton is in my " to buy " list . But I would hate to buy the current version V3 , and 2 months from now , a V4 comes out ! So , for now I think I will be picking up a Talion V4 . Just picked up the Typhon V4 couple weeks ago and love it !!! I catch myself watching the UDR and SBR videos , and for a split moment consider thinking of picking one up , but then remember how my other Traxxas' broke and their batteries suck !!! And see in the videoes how the Losi SBR breaks all to easy as well !!!!

Traxxas motto is "The Fastest name in radio control" yet they build crawlers...
Just saying companies go where the money is and crawling is massive right now.

With that said I would rather see some large scale bashers. A boat would be interesting too but the boat side of the hobby is pretty weak these days.

I actually doubt they would use that chassis. The aerodynamic ends set the differential higher causing the suspension arms and ultimately the wheels higher, reducing ground clearance. This would be the opposite design use for a basher. Maybe a flat version of the same chassis? I will be curious how they beef things up to not bend constantly with the longer chassis in a basher. (longer = more leverage to bend the chassis) It will have to be braced significantly, or there is always the aftermarket to the rescue.
The bends for the chassis create a substantial increase in rigidity with the only point of weakness being in the center where the motor mount attaches in the flat area between the front and rear creases that form the tunnels.
IMG_0782.jpg

These unused holes in conjunction with the pairs of empty holes in both front and rear chassis braces could very well accommodate a brace to tie it all in together making an extremely solid platform perfect for a basher.
Longer updated arms, cvd's, shocks, and larger diameter tires would gain the ground clearance necessary to negate the drop built into the chassis and also increase the distance needed to keep the front tires from making contact with the body when the front wheels are at full lock.

I'd like to see what they could do with a rock racer.

Arrma's logo is RTR but they came out with a roller. So I'd say their mottos are about out the window now.

I'd be very surprised if Arrma took to the air ( plane or drones ) .

Yeah because that's what these lunatics need, a basher that actually flies. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The bends for the chassis create a substantial increase in rigidity with the only point of weakness being in the center where the motor mount attaches in the flat area between the front and rear creases that form the tunnels.
View attachment 42680
These unused holes in conjunction with the pairs of empty holes in both front and rear chassis braces could very well accommodate a brace to tie it all in together making an extremely solid platform perfect for a basher.
Longer updated arms, cvd's, shocks, and larger diameter tires would gain the ground clearance necessary to negate the drop built into the chassis and also increase the distance needed to keep the front tires from making contact with the body when the front wheels are at full lock.
That is a good point. I could see them even offering a piece that fills the void on both sides acting as a secondary brace/skid plate....
Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

I wish they would do a durable, well built Rock Racer style. Something like the Yeti, but built tough and good to go out of the box. 6S and 4S.

Now that they are in the "monocoque" chassis design... perhaps they will put a channel from front to back in the other direction allowing the diffs to be lower for the 1/5th scale basher.

Then again, traxxas could cause another patent lawsuit over that... lol!

Now that they are in the "monocoque" chassis design... perhaps they will put a channel from front to back in the other direction allowing the diffs to be lower for the 1/5th scale basher.

Then again, traxxas could cause another patent lawsuit over that... lol!

Maybe it could be as simple as flipping the chassis over? (although the countersunk holes are on the wrong side.)

After selling my Wraith to finance the Kraton, some day I could go for something a bit more realistic, trophy truck or rock racer or whatever...

I doubt they'll go into scale crawlers. Yes, they're big now, but everyone came out with one and they're mostly really good so it's a tough market.

But a faster, more bash oriented but still scale rig... Most of those on the market are pretty delicate (or expensive, or complicated...) so there's room for improvement!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back