Kraton Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No speed for me I destroy enough at 55mph. Gimme an x maxx killer
I have no doubt that Arrma can do it better, but man that 8s XMaxx was a money pit! Mine was pretty hefty and upgrades didn't help that... I hope Arrma can figure out a way to keep it lighter yet stronger than the XMaxx was (differentials constantly broke even aftermarket ones).

My biggest issue with large scale was spending $175.00 per set of pro-line tires/wheels all the time.... went to Arrma 1/8 and SOOOO much better.

Last edited:
No telling what's next or when. Guessing is only speculation or what you'll like to see. So I'll take a back seat and just enjoy the ride.

... yet stronger than the XMaxx was (differentials constantly broke even aftermarket ones).
How did the diffs do before the Mamba XL X and TP motor?

My biggest issue with large scale was spending $175.00 per set of pro-line tires/wheels all the time.... went to Arrma 1/8 and SOOOO much better.
I remember that when I had to get tires for my HPI Baja SS. Was like getting tires for my 1:1 car! Well, not as bad, but a bit shocking.

Something tomrival the XMaxx would be cool. I do like the look of the XMaxx but I wouldn’t buy one. I’m actually extremely hopeful with regard to what HPI are going to do

How did the diffs do before the Mamba XL X and TP motor?

I remember that when I had to get tires for my HPI Baja SS. Was like getting tires for my 1:1 car! Well, not as bad, but a bit shocking.
It was very similar... big truck, hard landings, and tons of power. Oddly they put a slipper clutch on the 6s but not the 8s. The 8s had their "cush drive" which didn't cushion anything evidently.

Arrma's industry analysts seem to know exactly what the market wants.... if you have followed the RC hobby in the last few years you know that Arrma is missing a purpose built rock crawler and a large scale Monster truck. That is my guess at the next 2 vehicles to be released fall/winter.
I’m hoping Arrma releases a Moutan truck to fill the void of Traxxas discontinued Emaxx.

I hope that Arrma releases CVDs and a-arms for the 4S line that don’t pop in two seconds.
I've had the Arrma 3s alloy driveshafts on backorder since November 12th!

Screenshot_20190712-092457_Chrome.jpg

That's pretty ridiculous. How could it take that long to make these things? My guess is there are issues with the design.

View attachment 42875

That's pretty ridiculous. How could it take that long to make these things? My guess is there are issues with the design.
I placed an order with Tower, we’ll see. I also ordered a set of 4S stock shafts to see if those are any different or better. For $30 it’s worth a shot. I loosened my 4S slipper and hope my last shaft holds. Otherwise I will be down to one truck until JRC box arrives.

View attachment 42875

Those have been on back-order since at least Feb of last year...??? vaporware at its finest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back