Kraton Clanking gears sound in new Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airwolf076

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys, just recieved my new Kraton 6s today, when I got it out of the box I noticed that there was a clankiness sound in what seems to be the center gearbox. I'd just like to know if this is normal or not? I've been out of RC for a good while, but I can't say I remember anything like this in an out of the box car. It seems to run beautifully, but this clanking has me a little concerned.

Hey thanks for the reply.
Normal as in it doesn't indicate any problem? Or normal as in it does indicate a problem and it's a common one?

Ahhhh, thanks for the clarification. I figured it was fine, just thought I'd ask to be sure, lol
Notice how the faster you roll it the more uniform the "clanking" is? That's because you're not hovering over the poles in the motor. Also, double check the motor mount screws, the ones that hold the motor to the mount as well as the ones that holds your mesh. Mine were loose. Also check the pinion grub screw.

I have my k6 for almost 2 years and only change pinion gear and esc today and i have other car including an Xmaxx.this K6 has been extremely reliable for sure

Only thing I would say is redo the locktight on the grub screw for the pinion before it backs off gear is way light on locktight out of the box.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back