Kraton Classic question of Kraton exb or blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what level of sale did they used to go down to? b/c i will admit, the $470 + ~$300 in electronics does feel...not exactly inexpensive :LOL:
I payed $349.99 for my Kraton EXB.

well then, @razorrc which would you recommend for a first 6s rc?

Every person is different, but considering you don't want to spend a lot of money and aren't planning on sending it to the moon, I'd go with the Kraton V5 RTR or Talion EXB.

Every person is different, but considering you don't want to spend a lot of money and aren't planning on sending it to the moon, I'd go with the Kraton V5 RTR or Talion EXB.
Thank you so much for the advice! and I'd imagine you'd recommend just upgrading to exb/m2c stuff when I break stuff?

think its the tower to tower brace that causes the chassis to bend right at the back it bends down. when I got the chassis off the car to straighten it I just put a bit of pressure on it and it bent straight really easy sure its not real 7075 :unsure:
It does i removed that poop. It works on the 4s trucks because it has a little damper on the tube. On the 6s its a solid piece of metal
The only m2c i have is m2c diff outdrives for the arm axles for the center diff and the steering plate. The exb ones wear and my steering plane is shredded it off

Thank you so much for the advice! and I'd imagine you'd recommend just upgrading to exb/m2c stuff when I break stuff?

You don't have to map out your whole life when you're born. Just have fun, and worry about it if or when you actually need to worry about it.

You don't have to map out your whole life when you're born. Just have fun, and worry about it if or when you actually need to worry about it.
I try to do this, even with the Jegs Holeshot I was gonna just run it stock but I just can't leave anything stock, I filled the rear diff with 10k oil, topped off the shocks, added bearings to the steering bellcrank and replaced all of the Phillips screws. It made it half a pack before the motor let out the magic smoke, I forgot those 550 brushed motors are only rated for like 7.4v.............

that's what I have done upgraded to m2c on two kraton's scorched titanium on another and now I have a complete stock kraton v5 going to run it stock and see how the new chassis go's not herd anything about them bending like the v4 kraton's chassis

I went exb to not spend 1k on upgrades. If my exb chassis ever breaks i get another exb chassis from jennyrcs. 3 years so far with it and still doing good. My notorious still on the stock chassis its strong enough now with the v5

I went exb to not spend 1k on upgrades. If my exb chassis ever breaks i get another exb chassis from jennyrcs. 3 years so far with it and still doing good. My notorious still on the stock chassis its strong enough now with the v5
yes I have got carried away with the upgrades lot of money but its over probably 3 years so dosen't seem as bad :rolleyes:

Razor is dropping you some good advice. One point I will add the Talion EXB is lower, so think in advance of where you will bash to have height clearance.

I have a Talion EXB, and it's not the best performer when I am in areas with low clearance so I go for the Kraton. Kraton will get you somewhat balanced all way around. However, the two do have diff bashing characteristics.

Razor hit it again on parts when you asked for EXB/M2C. Wait to see how you bash it and what breaks, then decide on cost, and your level of breakage if M2C is right, or EXB, or stock with Jenny's. I have some M2C stuff, but no way I need all their stuff. Some items are smart I find on all my 6S rigs that the stock shock stand-offs bend so theirs are better so I buy them at the start. They work since I bash or crash :) in certain ways.

Again, my Brother has a BLX, and he is doing fine. We are two different types of bashers.

Enjoy the journey!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back