Cleaners for Tires & Plastics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobyjoe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm breaking down one of my Outcasts this weekend to upgrade the screws and replace some bent metal.

I figured I'd try to clean up my a-arms and a few other plastic pieces (sand any rough spots, look for cracks, remove dirt & such).

Aside from dish soap and water, what do you guys use for cleaning plastics? I don't want to use anything that might damage stuff, but I don't wanna waste precious elbow grease scrubbing. I will soak all the metal ball joints and such in 99% isopropyl to dissolve any lubricants or build-up, but am unsure if there's a good soaking agent for the plastics and tire rubber

Discovered Lemon Pledge for plastics. Works very well. Still no idea if there's a good cleaner for tires that helps keep them from rotting, but Pledge is awesome and my truck smells like a clean floor.

Been using this for a long time on my car wheels and tires. Spray on liberally and any dirt and grease just runs off. Going to try it on my Kraton when they get a little dirtier.

Amazing Roll-Off Multi-Purpose Cleaner 32 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FSDZTU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_N9y0ybPJQ9VCY

I only buy the large bottle since it's pricey and not sure I would buy it if I didn't already have it on hand

Someone else already recommended 303 aerospace protectant for all things plastic and vinyl and it's great too

I use straight simple green, works great and not expensive. After the final cleaning I use straight simple green with a little WD-40 mixed in lightly mist the whole truck, acts like a repellent on the next run.

303 (30306) Marine UV Protectant Spray for Vinyl, Plastic, Rubber, Fiberglass, Leather & More – Dust and Dirt Repellant - Non-Toxic, Matte Finish, 32 fl. Oz

I found some old fishing rod cleaning fluid and that made my tires look like new.

XPS to clean.
Plexus to polish. This stuff is awesome. I bought it down the road at the cickle shop

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back