Cleaning brushed motor?

Thread starter #1

EAGLELITE

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Is it ok to use brake cleaner or carb cleaner to clean out the brushed motor?. I see that there is a electric motor cleaner to use,,I don’t have any of that on hand,,just wondering if it’s basically the same stuff. I don’t want to use it until I know for sure. If not where can I get the electric motor cleaner...thanks guys.......

Spar69!

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast, Talion
I have used it with success but the best way is to dip it in a glass of water and run it while it's under water. "Break in" on a brushed motor is the same procedure...

Paultro84

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Outcast
Like SPAR69 said, clean water is the best way to clean dirt and gunk out of brushed motors . One of the best things about a brushed motor is it's ability to be submerged in water and still work fine. WD-40 is made for removing water from electrical devices so I would use that that after I ran it in clean water.

Thread starter #4

EAGLELITE

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Like SPAR69 said, clean water is the best way to clean dirt and gunk out of brushed motors . One of the best things about a brushed motor is it's ability to be submerged in water and still work fine. WD-40 is made for removing water from electrical devices so I would use that that after I ran it in clean water.
P

Thanks guys I was thinking about wd40,,,,I guess I’ve got everything I need,,so I’m going to have at it..thanks guys you’ve been very helpful.......keep the dirty side down.......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dirtnasty92 Chassis & Drivetrain 0
Ktc888 Kraton 2
bicketybam Chassis & Drivetrain 18
J Electronics 0