Granite Cleaning brushed motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Is it ok to use brake cleaner or carb cleaner to clean out the brushed motor?. I see that there is a electric motor cleaner to use,,I don’t have any of that on hand,,just wondering if it’s basically the same stuff. I don’t want to use it until I know for sure. If not where can I get the electric motor cleaner...thanks guys.......

I have used it with success but the best way is to dip it in a glass of water and run it while it's under water. "Break in" on a brushed motor is the same procedure...

Like SPAR69 said, clean water is the best way to clean dirt and gunk out of brushed motors . One of the best things about a brushed motor is it's ability to be submerged in water and still work fine. WD-40 is made for removing water from electrical devices so I would use that that after I ran it in clean water.

Like SPAR69 said, clean water is the best way to clean dirt and gunk out of brushed motors . One of the best things about a brushed motor is it's ability to be submerged in water and still work fine. WD-40 is made for removing water from electrical devices so I would use that that after I ran it in clean water.
P

Thanks guys I was thinking about wd40,,,,I guess I’ve got everything I need,,so I’m going to have at it..thanks guys you’ve been very helpful.......keep the dirty side down.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back