Kraton Cleaning my Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwdm1537

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Still fairly new to RCs.. While I'm much more comfortable with them (from running to performing maintenance) I still have lots of questions and uncertainties. This forum has been a tremendous help, so I want to start by saying thank you, for both the help and patience that I've been given.

Today my question is likely a simple one.. as the title says, it has to do with cleaning my Kraton. I know it is waterproof for the most part, and my electronics are all stock currently, so can I just simply spray this down in my shower and let it dry? I don't have an air compressor currently and up till now have been cleaning it by hand with paper towels and a bowl of water. Am thinking if I am able to just spray it down I can both save time and likely get it cleaner.

And then, if this is an option, would I be able to do the same with my daughter's (stock) Granite Mega?

Thanks again for your time and help.. it is truly appreciated.

I have a Arrma Typhon and my kids have the Traxxas LeTrax Tenton. I hose them down and use my air compressor with a fine nozzle to remove excess water. I finish them off with WD40 (water displacement formula 40) on the steel parts (I.e. bearings, pillow balls, pinion gear, etc.) You definitely don't want to let it air dry. You can purchase a can of compressed air Staples or Office Max. I hope this helps.

It depends how dirty it is...

Running on pavement or hard pack I usually just use some compressed air and a damp cloth...

Stone, gravel, dust, mud... I hose it down, then either let it air dry or use a little compressed air (not to crazy, don't want to blast water into bearings/diff housing).

I use quality Silicone spray lube on drive cups and/or any metal-to-metal surfaces. Personally, I'd avoid WD40 as it has in the past worked essentially as a mild solvent and drained the lube out of my bearings.

@nwdm1537 thanks for the kind words, glad we have been able to help and hope we can continue to do that.

A very effective and easy cleaning method (and what I use) is to get a bottle of Simply Green and an empty spray bottle. Fill half the empty spray bottle with simply green and the other half with water. Spray down the Kraton with the mixture and let sit for a few seconds then wipe off with an old rag or even t-shirt. For hard to reach or stubborn areas use an old toothbrush.

This cleaning manner will not drown your electronics in water (waterproof or not) nor does it shove tons of dirt and water into your bearings which will only make those parts last longer.

I use a 3" paintbrush and a toothbrush to get the bulk of the dirt off. Then every few runs I'll wipe it down with a dry microfiber cloth, or a little rubbing alcohol if it's getting too dirty. But I personally don't run my RC's in any type of mud or water, mainly dirt and grass. So my cleaning is minimal.

It depends how dirty it is...

Running on pavement or hard pack I usually just use some compressed air and a damp cloth...

Stone, gravel, dust, mud... I hose it down, then either let it air dry or use a little compressed air (not to crazy, don't want to blast water into bearings/diff housing).

I use quality Silicone spray lube on drive cups and/or any metal-to-metal surfaces. Personally, I'd avoid WD40 as it has in the past worked essentially as a mild solvent and drained the lube out of my bearings.

This is how I cleaned my Kraton after a run on a muddy field. Please let me know if I am causing damage to my vehicles: ( Kraton, Xmaxx, outcast)
1. Tape sandwich bags around battery leads.
2. Hose down with garden hose.
3. Air dry with leaf blower.
4. Use toothbrush and big brush to scrub down wheels vehicle
5. Wipe down with cloth.
Am I causing water damage, rust,or diff or electrical damage.
I've done this three times so far. What do you think?

If mine gets wet I use a water displacement spray, then I dry it with the wife's old hair dryer. After its dry I spray it with GT85. Everything seems OK so far.

In Ireland it's always wet so we've no choice but to run our rc's in moist conditions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back