Typhon Cleaning up Typhon's Wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davenelson

Reaction score
The Typhon will barely fit the 6S 5000 mAh batteries I have much less 2 3S batteries, so I decided to move the caps and remove the second battery connector. I ended up destroying the second IC5 connector trying to desolder it, it took a surprising amount of heat to remove those bullets, I should have tried to push the bullets out of the connector before trying to desolder them.

dave-nelson-typhon-20210424-142458-0002.jpg

I may go back in and shorten the battery cable by a few inches, you can see the kink I zip tied in the cable to keep it out of way of the servo.
dave-nelson-typhon-20210424-181935-0003.jpg

I also shortened up the Velcro straps and add a wide one to really hold the battery down.

The shell fits much easier now and I don't feel like I have to fight with the cables anymore.

Nice! If you need a bit more room under the shell, you could drill one more hole in the rear shock tower for your body mount posts (such that you have a new top hole and the original top hole is now the bottom hole).
New hole circled in red...

8CA46B47-DCBE-43E7-8906-C2955F028099.jpeg

Nice! If you need a bit more room under the shell, you could drill one more hole in the rear shock tower for your body mount posts (such that you have a new top hole and the original top hole is now the bottom hole).
New hole circled in red...

I may just do that, that's a pretty cool mod.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back