Granite Cleaning your rc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deereman7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Morning Everyone. Got a question for you guys. I have a blx granite and my son's have a granite brushed. Been really having a lot of fun and bashing. We're in the country running on dirt, Mudd, ice, and gravel. The insides get some dead grass from the yard and a little water in the bottom. After every run I take the air compressor and gently blow the water and crud out. They still are filthy dirty. How do you guys clean them? After the last bash my one son's granite I believe has lost his Esc. Could I have forced water inside it? When you turn it on it doesn't beep. It will turn the wheels but no forward or reverse movement. And no voltage to the motor. I'm getting the red light on the Esc and it changes to solid when you give it gas. Will call arrma tomorrow. Thx for any input

I’ve been using Simple Green on all my rides for many years without any issues. I start by rinsing off the heavy dirt (in the backyard cause I learned the hard way that the wife no likey me using the bath tub for this task). I apply the concentrated SG and let it sit for 30 mins or so and then rinse it all. If electronics aren’t waterproof, remove it before you begin rinsing procedure.

I’ve used Castrol’s Super Clean but way too strong for my liking. Works great though.

Oh! I strongly recommended buying an ultrasonic cleaner. I use mine often for cleaning much more than my rc parts.

Last edited:
So your spraying whole machine down? Won't hurt Esc, motor?
As I've mentioned in the thread linked above, get a spray bottle, water and simple green. and spray the truck down.

You're spraying it not submerging it... however the electronics are water resistent so you'd probably still be okay.

But why chance it even if something is water proof?

I’ll use a Glad sammich bag and cover anything that might be questionable.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back