Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Hagan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
  2. 4x4-Mega
Sorry for all the questions guys. But how do you guys clean your rigs after a hard bash, mud etc? What's best to clean the plastic and mud out of chassis? Would like to know you guys methods on cleaning for that new look

I blast out all the big chunks of dirt, leaves, grass with compressed air . I then rinse the rest off with a garden hose and dry with compressed air. It doesn't get it showroom clean , but good enough that it doesn't make a mess when I bring it in the house.

Another forum member mentioned using Maxima Racing Oils SC1
I bought some and use it after I use the Simple Green soak, water hose, compressed air > wipe down with SC1 everywhere. The floral smell is strong for me because I am sensitive to sweet smelling stuff but the finish on the lid, plastics, tires and wheels is excellent. Also gives a "coating" to help resist stick-on mud and dirt and I feel it prevents rust on the screws.

When I disassemble a rig for rebuilding, I’ll shoot all the plastic with 409 and scrub with a tire brush.

After re-assembly, I hit it with the SC1 mentioned up above for that like new look.

Haven't driven that often but i used a toothbrush, body with soft cloth. Let it dry overnight & clean it again with the toothbrush for parts that had to dry some more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back