Clear and stickers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tw3ak3d

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Talion
Hey everyone,

Going to paint the outside of my body with a matte clear, should I paint it before or after I put the stickers on?

There is a clear film on the outside of your body so that there is no paint overspray. Paint your body first peel that layer off then you can apply the decals
Maybe you didn't read my post clearly. The inside is painted, I want the outside to be matte, not shiny so I'm going to clear the outside. Just came decide if I should spray before or after the stickers go on.

Maybe you didn't read my post clearly. The inside is painted, I want the outside to be matte, not shiny so I'm going to clear the outside. Just came decide if I should spray before or after the stickers go on.
You should be able to put the stickers on first because the matte finish shouldn’t hurt on top of them and I wouldn’t guarantee that the matte finish will allow the stickers to stick well

You should be able to put the stickers on first because the matte finish shouldn’t hurt on top of them and I wouldn’t guarantee that the matte finish will allow the stickers to stick well
Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards, thanks.

After is what I would do, the stickers themselves have a thin clear laminate to protect the ink, your flat clear top coat should be fine over top without harming the stickers.

Last edited:
I'd go matte then stickers. But to each his own. My fear would be a tiny build up on the edges of the stickers

But postcpics of the project bud!

If you put clear stickers over a matte finish you will get silvering, (tiny airbubles where the decal can't get into the texture of the matte surface) besides having shiny decals on a matte surface.

I'd paint then sticker bomb!

Lol, now I'm thinking of leaving them off.

20201202_220616.jpg

Maybe the window stickers, or find a way to make the windows dark.
Came out decent for my first body
Looks awesome. Turned out better than my first paintjob.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back