Clear body instead of painting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speed run guys do sometimes. Haven’t seen bashers do it yet. It’s a personal preference and if you think it’s cool, give it a try. I personally like paint, but you do you.

I run clear body. LOVE IT!!! I'm a newbie and I crash quite a bit. Nothing worse than destroying a good paint job. With a clear body it doesn't matter. If I'm gonna be scuffing and destroying bodies anyway might as well leave them clear.

New Body 3.jpg

New Body 2.jpg

New Body 1.jpg

On a basher, your bodies last longer if you do the shoe goo which would make clear undoable, but it would make your painted bodies last longer. I have seen a few where they do both (leave portions clear and paint only certain sections) clear is cool looking just not as long lasting.

On a basher, your bodies last longer if you do the shoe goo which would make clear undoable, but it would make your painted bodies last longer. I have seen a few where they do both (leave portions clear and paint only certain sections) clear is cool looking just not as long lasting.
Oh yea thats a good idea I haven't seen one like that sounds cool my windows are clear but yea tinted windows with a clear hood or black with clear stripes
Oh yea thats a good idea I haven't seen one like that sounds cool my windows are clear but yea tinted windows with a clear hood or black with clear stripes
All my basher bodies end up all black lol to cover the damage lol

Last edited:
I haven't done it yet, but I have plans to paint my next short course truck body, and on the hood and bed put just a light coat of window tinting paint. I saw a photo on line were someone had left the hood and the bed clear and it looked pretty cool.

I haven't done it yet, but I have plans to paint my next short course truck body, and on the hood and bed put just a light coat of window tinting paint. I saw a photo on line were someone had left the hood and the bed clear and it looked pretty cool.
Yea please share if you end up doing it sound cool to me too & yea I didn't think of that a semi clear tint would be cool i like to see the inside of my rc lol thats where all my money is

Just so you’re aware, that tint paint becomes black paint really quickly. It takes the lightest coat to keep it transparent.

Good to know, thank you
I found that Duratrax window tint is splotchy at times too. Don’t spray for long spurts. Short and quick bursts. Or else it gave me blobs.

I found that Duratrax window tint is splotchy at times too. Don’t spray for long spurts. Short and quick bursts. Or else it gave me blobs.
Yea same i tried it on my real car and fucced it up lol looked like just a bunch of polka dots lol took me like a hour to get it all off if anything id use regular paint just spray from far away

Yea same i tried it on my real car and fucced it up lol looked like just a bunch of polka dots lol took me like a hour to get it all off if anything id use regular paint just spray from far away
Don't use regular paint, it will crack and peel.

Don't use regular paint, it will crack and peel.
Oh yea I learned that the hard way with one my rc bodies them shiit be expensive or i just got expensive taste lol but i meant like a light coat 1-2 passes that wouldn't chip ive done it before but when i crash my bashing bodies i just end up painting the outside lol

My son finally destroyed the stock Noto. body. So he wanted to see what a clear body looked like. I did one up. Decals only worked out nice. Real cheap and super quick with no paint. Just trim it. There is a 2 inch light bar mounted inside between the front body posts. Body glows bright at night and is protected well.
There is No rule that you Need to paint Any RC body.
It does no harm at all without paint.;) It's still a lid. Body scuffs are normal with bashing. Adds character and defines the body lines with use.:LOL:
I do remember it being a rule at the track however, many years ago when I raced. Not sure if that was a governed sanctioned rule. Possibly so.
Interesting that Raz Shifrin ran a few Delta Plastics Clear bodies for some of his best speed runs. I imagine there is a few grams of weight savings and resulting lowered CG for his application.. FWIW.
From a distance it is hard to visibly see. will admit. It tends to blend in with the scenery from far away.. Bright Decals can help with that. Maybe even a few small stripes of bright paint that you have extra lying around is an option. Just for better visibility? My spin. :cool:

20210910_120315.jpg

20210910_120218.jpg

Last edited:
My son finally destroyed the stock Noto. body. So he wanted to see what a clear body looked like. I did one up. Decals only worked out nice. Real cheap and super quick with no paint. Just trim it. There is a 2 inch light bar mounted inside between the front body posts. Body glows bright at night and is protected well.
There is No rule that you Need to paint Any RC body.
It does no harm at all without paint.;) It's still a lid. Body scuffs are normal with bashing. Adds character and defines the body lines with use.:LOL:
I do remember it being a rule at the track however, many years ago when I raced. Not sure if that was a governed sanctioned rule. Possibly so.
Interesting that Raz Shifrin ran a few Delta Plastics Clear bodies for some of his best speed runs. I imagine there is a few grams of weight savings and resulting lowered CG for his application.. FWIW.
From a distance it is hard to visibly see. will admit. It tends to blend in with the scenery from far away.. Bright Decals can help with that. Maybe even a few small stripes of bright paint that you have extra lying around is an option. Just for better visibility? My spin. :cool:

View attachment 168325

View attachment 168326
Oh yea thats sick im deff doing it next body i get

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back