Kraton Clearwater, FL #Bashing & #Blasting w/ our #KRATON's & #ARRMA #Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Good times with good people!! What a blast we had for the few months at this local construction site over behind Sunshine Speedway in Clearwater, FL! Its no longer there since the city was building a bridge but I guess all good spots come to an end! Here some of our trials and errors w/ @-IronMan- / @Uplift-RC and @jkflow

Always fun to see footage from a day. Do you guys normal ask anyone if it's okay to bash at construction sites? I've always been paranoid, having been at at on baseball fields a few times. haha

We 'somewhat' did, actually just waited til they were all gone and just went for it. Some stragglers on the worksite watched us out of curiosity and gave us thumbs up. We just stayed as far away as possible from any work activities (saturday aftyernnon)
Asking is always a double edge sword, if they say 'yes' they become liable for any damage or injuries. This was about the only site that didn't have 'no trespassing' plastered all over it.

In general, treat this as being a guest and stay friendly, leave if you are being told to leave.
On that day we had police and construction folks drive by, a friendly wave and we kept on going.

I would say this was the exception to the rule, if you act nice it typically pays dividends. They are only concerned about equipment and theft.

Baseball folks get a little tricky as they lake a pristine field. Sliding and bashing over home base is frowned upon ?

Yeah that's true. Worse case scenario most will just ask you to leave. All the times I've been yelled at were at parks, but they never actually asked me to leave. Which left me confused.

Part of them being cool with it, they figure it's better than something unproductive. As a hobbyist blacksmith- I do become a little curious when I see steel just laying around though.

Indeed about baseball fields, I always try to be respectful with it. Because I do know they put a lot of effort into it. But man is that dirt nice to drive on.

[B]Vedak[/B], they were totally cool with us! Now we went only on Saturday afternoon and had no issues what so ever! Probably b/c there were no trespassing signs anywhere posted! Yep, @jkflow was out running the police car with his Talion that day when we got the wave! lol Man, wish this spot was still up and running b/c its just a long bridge but all good things must come to an end.

Just build this killer RC ramp for our bashing session and it came out unbelievable and will launch your rig up to 20 to 30ft no problem!
Gave it a short test today w/ my #v3 KRATON and WOW is all i can say! I am working on the video from a little while ago. This is how my Ramp turned out!
4ft L x 3ft H x 3ft W1.jpg

Asking is hard because if you get hurt you could technically have a case to sue.

That said I bash on city sand and just try to be really diligent that we’re out of their way.

I did ask a cop once who was hanging out there and he said it was cool. No construction was going on at the time when I saw the cop.

Nice ramp, I initially built one using that stuff peg boards are made of. But found it too slick, it worked more like a slip-n-slide vs ramp.

Last solo session from ~ 2 weeks ago. Don't get this ramp (in the video), it doesn't hold up.
Not a lot of editing, some slow-mo crashes
Ramp warmup jumps - 1:20
Backflips 1:50
Birds chasing my Talion (watch the shadows) 2:10 - didn't notice until I edited this one o_O
Crash#1 3:10
Dogbone pop (good landing though) 3:40
Drifting (slick as ice) 4:00
Crash# 2 4:15
Tumble to edge 5:15

https://youtu.be/hS2ol3d_KHg

Thanks @Uplift-RC and @-IronMan-

I'm impressed how far you can still jump with that small of a ramp though. I go through a weekly battle of what to get next, 3 weeks ago I wanted a Kraton, last week I wanted a Infraction, now I want the talion. Dangit.

You sure make it look it easy.

Thanks!
I don't have much luck with my Kraton, I always end up breaking something like a shock rod or similar. My guess it''s all the added weight and inertia is a killer. The Talion is light and nimble and by far my favorite. Only update I made on that one is aluminium chassis braces and have yet to bend anything.

I don't know, everyone seems to be flying their cars to the moon these days. I'm happy to just get my Outcast just a foot or two off the ground. lol
My second to last breakage on it, was ramming into the back tire of a speeding van. Underestimated my speed.

Does the Talion roll over a lot less than your Kraton?

Talion, I don't remember flipping ever unless I hit something sideways. Kraton has a higher CG but flipping is not a common occurrence either. Both are stable platforms. Only if I go into a corner, at high speed and on high grip surface, it is really an issue for the Kraton.

In hindsight, my obvious choice would be the Talion. Kraton has better ground clearance. I do like both of them.

Not trying to be the fun police, but in Florida you need to check very good for no trespassing signs on construction sites. If posted with proper signage trespassing on construction site can be a felony in Florida.

Talion, I don't remember flipping ever unless I hit something sideways. Kraton has a higher CG but flipping is not a common occurrence either. Both are stable platforms. Only if I go into a corner, at high speed and on high grip surface, it is really an issue for the Kraton.

In hindsight, my obvious choice would be the Talion. Kraton has better ground clearance. I do like both of them.
In conclusion... I need them all!

@jkflow check this out! Testing out my new RC ramp that I built over the weekend, and wow she fly's like rocket ? ? ? ?
I filmed a pretty cool video thats currently being uploaded to my Youtube channel that I will be posting.
Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 4.16.29 PM.png

@jkflow / Vedak

Here it is brother, my first few tests run on my new ramp, that can be transported. I made sure that it will fit in my VW so I can take to pretty much any bashing location.

The ramp literally will fly your rig like a rocket! In this video, I am only a quarter way on the throttle and I was getting launched 20 to 30 ft – unreal.

Can’t wait to hit this baby at half throttle let alone full throttle. ‘

Nice ramp. I’m trying to lighten my kratons they are both way too heavy now with all the aftermarket bolt ons I did and I’m always breaking something now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back