Granite Clicking - Don't think it's the diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I have a lot of clicking going on in my Granite. Took the main driveshaft out and ran it on RWD. No clicking. Assumed it was the front differential so I swapped it with one in my Senton. Tested and the clicking was still there. So I went ahead and swaped the rear diff with my Senton. Still clicked. Went and ran my Senton on 3s (with the original Granite diffs). No clicking. So I'm stumped. I still have gobs of power so if it is jumping teeth, I'm not seeing it in the performance. The clicking is really bad when I brake. Any ideas besides the diffs?

Just a thought, but based on your description, could the drive shaft the culprit? Could the grooves the the 2 piece shaft be skipping? Or maybe bad bearings in the housing or did u swap that as a whole with the diff into the Senton?
Again, just thoughts that I would rule out. Anyway hope u get it sorted soon.

I figured it out. It ended to being the input gears. I had a bad one in my Senton and a bad one in my Granite. One was worse than the other. Both bad ones had rounded gears to some degree. I took all 4 diffs out and took the two best input gears and put them in my Granite and tested it. No clicking. I think if I put the worst of the two gears in the front of my Senton and the better of the two in the rear I should be ok there since I run the Senton mostly on 2s.

Man I hope the new BLX diffs have hardier gears. It's hard for me to complain since I am running such a large motor but going through these gears is getting tiresome.

@bicketybam,

Which gear exactly is it ?

Can you point to it in the exploded view or even the part number will do, thanks Mate.

No doubt I'll be encountering the same somewhere along the journey with the BL Senton at my end.

It's the gear that is at the other end of the input shaft for the diff.

Screenshot_20180823-104404.png

It's actually the diff pinion gear. I'm not sure you will round out the gear teeth like I did. I have a really big motor in there with a ton of torque.

I took it out earlier with the good diffs, set the punch to 70% (Castle 70% which means a lot of control) and had a blast. I think I found the perfect combo for an extreme brushless conversion for the Granite. It really does it all. Massive torque and a wicked top end. I am going to do a speed run tomorrow. I expect something around 55 mph.

Started a thread on the same topic, but I've not found the culprit yet :mad: mine definitely sounds just like a pinion that's spun lose. But it's not slipping, I'm glad you found the reason on your senton and granite. I want my outcast back lol. Its been down for 2 weeks now due to this. Typhon starting to do the same Crapola. Help meh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back