Notorious Clicking sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
13364F0C-2122-416B-98F2-C89D0142205A.jpeg
I had a clicking sound coming from my Notorious when I brake, I took apart my front diff and noticed 3 different teeth looking more worn than the other? I included a picture with lines going to the the 3 teeth that looked more worn than the others. Are these teeth worn enough to cause a clicking sound when I brake?

Possibly, but it is more likely improper shimming*

Try adding shims to the crown side. With time things wear and need adjusting. My Outcast just needed an extra shim after noticing a couple of clicks on the last run. I shimmed the diff probably 10 packs ago

*Edit. That's not to say that shimming it will definitely fix it. If you catch it early you can extend the life of your diffs, but if it is too worn then it might continue to slip

Possibly, but it is more likely improper shimming.

Try adding shims to the crown side. With time things wear and need adjusting. My Outcast just needed an extra shim after noticing a couple of clicks on the last run. I shimmed the diff probably 10 packs ago
You want me to try to add a shim to the big gear on the left side of the diff, or add the shim to the back of the small gear?

You want me to try to add a shim to the big gear on the left side of the diff, or add the shim to the back of the small gear?
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-shim-your-diff-with-pictures.7700/

Look at the green parts of the diagram in that thread.

If I were you I would use it as a chance to rebuild and shim the entire diff as per that guide (there's tons of videos on YouTube if that's easier for you to follow). It isn't covered in that guide but yes I like to shim the pinion gear as well if it needs it. I can't remember the shim size off hand though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back