Close call, and why I don't like EC5's..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So I was removing the Tactic radio gear out of my Granite to put into my Kraton and I noticed that one of the ESC battery leads was split and the other one very close to being split..?

Long shot but if both wires had rubbed together I don't want to know how much damage it could have caused.

I really don't like EC5's, as they have no extra protection like the good Amass XT90's..!!??? so close call avoided...

Look below at the connectors and you can see how much extra protection the XT90 has around the base if you use the ones I have..
Oh, and that's a factory fitted plug not something I've fitted..

So there you have it, more proof that EC5's, are pants..???

IMG_2443.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2452.jpeg
    IMG_2452.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
So I was removing the Tactic radio gear out of my Granite to put into my Kraton and I noticed that one of the ESC battery leads was split and the other one very close to being split..?

Long shot but if both wires had rubbed together I don't want to know how much damage it could have caused.

I really don't like IC5's as they have no extra protection like the good Amass XT90's..!!??? so close call avoided...

Look below at the connectors and you can see how much extra protection the XT90 has around the base if you use the ones I have..
Oh, and that's a factory fitted plug not something I've fitted..

So there you have it, more proof that IC5's are pants..???

View attachment 38413
Good save. I wonder if others are having issues with IC5's or is it just a fluke. I'll be switching mine out for xt90"s whenever I order my mini-Kraton anyway.

Good save. I wonder if others are having issues with IC5's or is it just a fluke. I'll be switching mine out for xt90"s whenever I order my mini-Kraton anyway.
Does switching the connectors cause any issue with the electronics warranty? I’d like to switch my 4s kraton to xt90 but don want to void the warranty should it go up in smoke.

Isn’t that blue connector an EC5? Newer orange connectors are IC5.

Isn’t that blue connector an EC5? Newer orange connectors are IC5.
I'm confused as well that looks to be an EC5 not an IC5 I don't see the middle pin or wire or anything ???

Yeah my bad, I meant EC5.. but they are they same except for the middle pin ?

Have amended title..??

Ic5 connector has a bottom piece just like your picture of the xt90 my personal preference I am switching all mine to the ic5 as I have the new spektrum smart charger which is amazingly awesome by the way my batteries have never seen a evenly balanced charge on them before as I would be off on cells on my other one.

Attachments

• 15580443682823817755744560607782.jpg
    15580443682823817755744560607782.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 24
Not all xt90 have the cap on the bottom- in fact most of mine do not.

That being said- I see no reason for the EC5/IC5 and removed mine from my new Typhon V4 for an XT90 as everything I have is XT90.

If anything they should be going to more amperage capability.

Not all xt90 have the cap on the bottom- in fact most of mine do not.

That being said- I see no reason for the EC5/IC5 and removed mine from my new Typhon V4 for an XT90 as everything I have is XT90.

If anything they should be going to more amperage capability.
The ic5 and ec5 do have more amperage to them then the xt90 if I remember reading that correctly

Was it anywhere near the drive shaft when you pulled it out? Mine did the same thing when it rested against the center driveshaft.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back