Kraton Close call!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Im out front doing a little jumping off the ramp. Nothing crazy high but was doing some backflips. After a kind of hard landing it quit running. No steering or throttle. So I run up to it and quickly take the body off. My battery cable got sucked into the spur gear and pulled one of the wires loose from the xt90 connectors and just started chewing threw the other. Lol I'd say I got damn lucky!

Attachments

• IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    523.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    483.3 KB · Views: 74
Lol ya I should have known better. Its something that won't happen a second time.

The rc is fine lol. Just clipped the wires to the same length and re soldered the connector back on. I checked the lipo 5 to 10 minutes after it happened and all the cells were the same so no damage done....so far lol.

Right! I should have known better. I posted my mistake hoping others won't make the same lol. Strap them wires down boys!

Im out front doing a little jumping off the ramp. Nothing crazy high but was doing some backflips. After a kind of hard landing it quit running. No steering or throttle. So I run up to it and quickly take the body off. My battery cable got sucked into the spur gear and pulled one of the wires loose from the xt90 connectors and just started chewing threw the other. Lol I'd say I got damn lucky!
This is where the outcast battery tray comes in and does wonders.....lol. It has the high sides and a second strap that goes from side to side that I use to hold my wires. Glad to see no damage was done though, I went thru the burning car already.......lol

This is where the outcast battery tray comes in and does wonders.....lol. It has the high sides and a second strap that goes from side to side that I use to hold my wires. Glad to see no damage was done though, I went thru the burning car
Sounds like I'll be getting the outcast tray next lol. Do not want that to happen a second time.

Last edited:
Sounds like I'll be getting the outcast tray next lol. Do not want that to happen a second time.
You won't regret it and you won't have any close calls with the battery any more..........lol

Dose it mount right up or do I have to mod something to make it fit?

Dose it mount right up or do I have to mod something to make it fit?
I just got my kraton a little over a month ago and it bolted right up. Others on the other hand have said they needed to drill holes for two screws or just use gorilla double sided tape. There are several threads here about this if you search for them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back