CNHL lipos opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several of their Racing Series (apart from one 4s 9500mah they are all 8000mah in 3s and 4s). They perform and balance good. I don’t have any scientific data, but I can’t notice a (significant) difference compared to my 8000mah GensAc3 lipo’s.
All I needed to do is swap the Deans and EC5 connectors as their XT90 line up is pretty limited.
As other mentioned they have sales events during the year, with ‘Lunar Ney Year’ sale going on right now.
I solder my own xt90 on all my lipos and itry to insulte the case from stuff getting inside of it

Do to an error on their end I ended up with 12 lipo batteries from CNHL last December. 2 5000mah 50c 3s Black Editions, 2 5200mah 90c 3s Racing Series, 8 6200mah 100c 2s lipos. I only have 10 left as I gave away 1 of the 2s lipos and 1 swelled up during storage. One of the 5200mah 90c Racing Series dropped a cell recently so I was rather bummed out about that.
I too had an issue and own 18 of their batteries, 3 of there 9500mah swelled up within 2 months of owning them . Tossed the 4th not worth taking a risk.

So in general they are okay batteries, not the best and not the worst just decent for the price
From what I see, they have more power than brands like Zee, Hoovoo, Golbat whatever cheapos you get on Amazon/eBay and their failure rate is about the same as any brand out there.

@Greywolf74 has been testing them and they test pretty decent for what you pay for them.

1675025114930.png

Last edited:
I have 2 CNHL 4s for sale in classifieds for $80 but I don't know how much shipping would be to Canada. Or if you even want 4s I do think I saw something about 3s. 🤷🏻‍♂️
From what I see, they have more power than brands like Zee, Hoovoo, Golbat whatever cheapos you get on Amazon/eBay and their failure rate is about the same as any brand out there.
Also...I received one from them with IR off and they sent me another $130 battery for free. So customer service seemed good as well.

@Greywolf74 has been testing them and they test pretty decent for what you pay for them.

View attachment 273994
Zeee was kinda poop for me. Only my hrbs are holding up been 2 years of almost daily use during summer
One pair puffs and cuts out earlier but shrinks back down flat. Running full blast during a heat wave like a clown they got up to 70C and were slightly puffed. Couldn't even touch them. I don't want the chnl to die lets say in a year
My horizonhobby hardcase who is made by a local bussiness is worst than my hrbs last less and a bit less punch higher IR than 2yr HRB’s.
https://www.wagradiocontrol.ca/produit/batterie-lipo-11-1v-5000mah-blw-11-1/
I have 2 CNHL 4s for sale in classifieds for $80 but I don't know how much shipping would be to Canada. Or if you even want 4s I do think I saw something about 3s. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also...I received one from them with IR off and they sent me another $130 battery for free. So customer service seemed good as well.
Zee did send me one baterry when one failed still failed after a few months

View attachment 273994
Can you link me that list please

Last edited:
Percent of Advertised C rating is 80+%

It’s a battery to power a toy car in an unregulated sales market, not a mortgage!

Last edited:
I’ve had decent luck, I normally use the 70c G+
But the ones that didn’t last long were 9500 “race”
And the black pack’s with orange font. They were 7-12 mph slower than G+ packs.
I typically get a few months out of them to justify the cost. I recently bought 8 packs under 6 G+ and some of the new 3s $170 back on Christmas Day. Received free shipping along with $40.19 off. The slowmike codes are a joke compared to the deals that CHNL offers.

I’ve had decent luck, I normally use the 70c G+
But the ones that didn’t last long were 9500 “race”
And the black pack’s with orange font. They were 7-12 mph slower than G+ packs.
I typically get a few months out of them to justify the cost. I recently bought 8 packs under 6 G+ and some of the new 3s $170 back on Christmas Day. Received free shipping along with $40.19 off. The slowmike codes are a joke compared to the deals that CHNL offers.
Im going to stay with hrb i think then

Zeee was kinda poop for me. Only my hrbs are holding up been 2 years of almost daily use during summer
One pair puffs and cuts out earlier but shrinks back down flat. Running full blast during a heat wave like a clown they got up to 70C and were slightly puffed. Couldn't even touch them. I don't want the chnl to die lets say in a year
My horizonhobby hardcase who is made by a local bussiness is worst than my hrbs last less and a bit less punch higher IR than 2yr HRB’s.
https://www.wagradiocontrol.ca/produit/batterie-lipo-11-1v-5000mah-blw-11-1/

Zee did send me one baterry when one failed still failed after a few months

Can you link me that list please
All his testing data is in this thread https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/lipo-comparison-thread-lipo-and-nimh-aas.136829/

So in general they are okay batteries, not the best and not the worst just decent for the price
I dunno..... They were recommended to me by some long timers...... They have treated me good and I have no complaints.....

Sounds like you need something more top shelf....

Happy hunting

I dunno..... They were recommended to me by some long timers...... They have treated me good and I have no complaints.....

Sounds like you need something more top shelf....

Happy hunting
I value my money and want somethign that will last me the longest possible and also have good costumer service. DXF has 12 month warranty im reading

I value my money and want somethign that will last me the longest possible and also have good costumer service. DXF has 12 month warranty im reading
Yep, me too…..I earn my money….I want good value

That sums it up pretty well. The G+ 70c packs are some of their best.
Possibly the new parallel series also (I have not tried them yet.)

The G+70c takes some real punishment and always balances well. The cells are good quality.
Not the best on the market but above low grade and most mid-grade.

I found CNHL lipos black series 6000mah 11.1v 65c on amazon for 50$. Same price as my hrbs. I have one set of hrbs who are going out because i abused them during a summer heat wave. Im always skeptical when buying a new brand of lipos i don't want my rc to go boom
View attachment 273712
View attachment 273713
They are the best batts before you start paying 120.00 dollars for a 3s speed run battery. IMH its on par with SMC except for the SRDs.

Back