CNHL lipos opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish CNHL would clean up their product line a bit since it's a little difficult to know which batteries are best and for what application. I've also noticed that the wire gauge doesn't seem logical.
For example "racing" 120c hard packs have 12 gauge
black series has 10 gauge
"racing" 90c have 10 gauge
G+ and parallel have 8 gauge.

Not to mention that the C values that they report don't seem to be consistent within their own product line....

Last edited:
Ignore the C rating.
The only ones worth using for speed running are the g+ 6k and the parallel series.

At one time 1-2 years ago the black series 65c were good for speed but they changed the cells they were putting in them.

The rest are just average packs for bashers and RTR cars.

I’ve had these since last March and they are by far my favorite 3s lipos. They outshine my other brands of lipos. Dang, they are expensive now! Got the pair for $60 back then. Should’ve gotten more…

5F3EED57-A0E3-4A1C-A0C5-6DB84C0CE2CB.png

I’ve had these since last March and they are by far my favorite 3s lipos. They outshine my other brands of lipos. Dang, they are expensive now! Got the pair for $60 back then. Should’ve gotten more…

View attachment 274197
Check their site directly around holidays. They area always haveing sales....

View attachment 274197
I'm selling some 3S 9500 Mah racing in the classifieds. They have the factory bullets and have never been used or charged. My build(s) have changed and I no longer need them

I'm selling some 3S 9500 Mah racing in the classifieds. They have the factory bullets and have never been used or charged. My build(s) have changed and I no longer need them
Nice, I’ve seen your add. Those are a bit large batteries for my needs. Even 6600mah is a bit more than I need. I’m sure someone will grab them.

Do their racing series 6S 9500mah even fit in the factory battery trays? 🤔
79E40C57-160E-49A2-99F6-A3BFB1950230.jpeg

I found CNHL lipos black series 6000mah 11.1v 65c on amazon for 50$. Same price as my hrbs. I have one set of hrbs who are going out because i abused them during a summer heat wave. Im always skeptical when buying a new brand of lipos i don't want my rc to go boom
View attachment 273712
View attachment 273713
I bought 2 5k 4s packs off amazon last oct...ran them once on 8s at 145mph,they had plenty more on 8s....in my vendetta I ran 126mph with 1 4s pack an 142mph with 2 65c packs in parrelllel on 4s....still have them an they still cycles fine...65c are underrated packs..

Screenshot_20230203-213646_Amazon Shopping.jpg

If your still looking for packs,,,smc has 6900mah 3s 135c dv packs for 55$ right now...Great packs

I bought 2 5k 4s packs off amazon last oct...ran them once on 8s at 145mph,they had plenty more on 8s....in my vendetta I ran 126mph with 1 4s pack an 142mph with 2 65c packs in parrelllel on 4s....still have them an they still cycles fine...65c are underrated packs..

View attachment 275424
If your still looking for packs,,,smc has 6900mah 3s 135c dv packs for 55$ right now...Great packs
Just be careful when buying the Black series lipos when going 2 3s, they come in 2 different sizes one size does not fit the 6s Kraton, Outcast, Notorious, Typhon, Talion, Mojave or Fireteam battery tray as they are 55mm wide. Max width of the battery tray is 50mm +/-1mm.

I cannot recommend them. I had a set of 3s 5000mah 65c I used in my Erevo 2.0. They had 4 runs on them, and I set them to storage charge after the last run. They sat for 3 days, and both batteries puffed while they sat for those 3 days. They shouldn’t have puffed after 4 uses, and being put on a storage charge. Just my experience but I can’t recommend after that.

I wish CNHL would clean up their product line a bit since it's a little difficult to know which batteries are best and for what application. I've also noticed that the wire gauge doesn't seem logical.
For example "racing" 120c hard packs have 12 gauge
black series has 10 gauge
"racing" 90c have 10 gauge
G+ and parallel have 8 gauge.

Not to mention that the C values that they report don't seem to be consistent within their own product line....
Pretty true!
I am new to CNHL batts and don't know which one to pick for a OC4 V2...
- Black series
- Racing series (Black and orange font/ White and black font - A racing)
- G+ series
Or something else? Thanks

I've got 4 pieces of 7.6v 5200mah LIHV CNHL batteries. They are affordable and do the job. However, they seem uneven in quality. 2 of them had 20mΩ internal resistance after just 2 cycles. The other two are still around 10mΩ after 30 cycles. Also all 4 batteries drop voltage when sitting storage charged on the shelf.

Another thing I have noticed is that CNHL have special offers quite frequently, but often to the same price, or close to, as they were before the special offer, so it can be a good idea to keep track of the price before making up your mind.
Screenshot_20230206_181406_Chrome.jpg

Resurrecting an old thread. Wanted to know what the latest consensus was on cnhl? I just ordered a Notorious 6s and am lost on what battery to get. I keep circling back cnhl and gensacce. Cnhl for the price. Gensacce for the gtech smart/easy mode feature for a dummy like me (but twice the price)

Resurrecting an old thread. Wanted to know what the latest consensus was on cnhl? I just ordered a Notorious 6s and am lost on what battery to get. I keep circling back cnhl and gensacce. Cnhl for the price. Gensacce for the gtech smart/easy mode feature for a dummy like me (but twice the price)
Go chnl for half the price. I have cnhl and Gens lipo’s and only buy Gens when they have a real good deal, but cnhl usually has better deals. I only bash and can’t notice any difference between them.
I’d skip the smart lipo’s and invest in a really good charger.

View attachment 274197
Still going strong and still my favorite, 3s batteries. The cells evenly balance at 420 each and I have not noticed any suffering in performance.

Wondering what you eventually went with? I picked up one of the CNHL G+ 5000mah 6s 70C packs, it fits very snuggly due to the 51mm dimension and you have to run it on it's side. I think it is going to work awesome once I finally get a chance to get out there and let it loose!

Wondering what you eventually went with? I picked up one of the CNHL G+ 5000mah 6s 70C packs, it fits very snuggly due to the 51mm dimension and you have to run it on it's side. I think it is going to work awesome once I finally get a chance to get out there and let it loose!

I ended up picking up (2) 6000mah 3s CNHL G+ 70C packs and 1 6s pack. I haven't tried putting them in the truck yet tho. Had some issues with the 3s batteries. One was swollen and the other was only charged to 2.9v. Hopefully they replace them.

Back