CNHL lipos opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I found CNHL lipos black series 6000mah 11.1v 65c on amazon for 50$. Same price as my hrbs. I have one set of hrbs who are going out because i abused them during a summer heat wave. Im always skeptical when buying a new brand of lipos i don't want my rc to go boom
1AE7F4ED-249E-4D24-95E6-36FC080731F1.png

BB9EE7A5-2CA1-4080-87E3-6CF83EC90E6F.png

CNHL batteries are quality batteries. I have two 6s CNHL 5200mah 80 or 90c for my Kraton 6s, and they are great. I highly recommend them, especially when they go on sale.
Im watching videos right now about them and they seem to be really good
The balck edition seem to have plastic reinforcements

Holy, what are they paving the roads with diamonds up there? :LOL:

But CNHL is pretty solid in my experience.
Not even close its made up of plastic
CNHL has been good for me.....I wait for the sales, and I have gotten some great deals.....batts themselves are solid, maybe notTHE BEST, but great bang for the buck
How long urs been going?

I bought two of these, then two more, although in the 6s 6000mAh version. Really abused them, mostly on Arrma 6s rigs. Holding up fine. Good value for the money. On 3s you'll be perfectly happy. I have a lot of different CNHL lipos. Would not go under 65C with CNHL.

You might want to look at hard case if you are using them in the 3s Arrma series. If a stone comes between the drive shaft and the lipo it might rip the lipo open.

I found CNHL lipos black series 6000mah 11.1v 65c on amazon for 50$. Same price as my hrbs. I have one set of hrbs who are going out because i abused them during a summer heat wave. Im always skeptical when buying a new brand of lipos i don't want my rc to go boom
View attachment 273712

All I'm running now are cnhl. Bought spektrum outta the gate cuz I didn't know any better, then went to Zeee from amazon -that were cheap & I've had one of those explode in flames. Definitely gotta watch for sales & be quicker than most, cuz the good ones sell out quickly. Recently have gotten into the g+ series, so far I'm impressed

I bought two of these, then two more, although in the 6s 6000mAh version. Really abused them, mostly on Arrma 6s rigs. Holding up fine. Good value for the money. On 3s you'll be perfectly happy. I have a lot of different CNHL lipos. Would not go under 65C with CNHL.

You might want to look at hard case if you are using them in the 3s Arrma series. If a stone comes between the drive shaft and the lipo it might rip the lipo open.
Planning to run them on 6s so dual 3s
All I'm running now are cnhl. Bought spektrum outta the gate cuz I didn't know any better, then went to Zeee from amazon -that were cheap & I've had one of those explode in flames. Definitely gotta watch for sales & be quicker than most, cuz the good ones sell out quickly. Recently have gotten into the g+ series, so far I'm impressed
HRB has been my go to for year now but they are now at 59$. Went up by 10$ since 2020. Crazy. Im going to give them a try i hope it doesn't set my nero big rock on fire☠. My nero came with 4 hrb packs who were all slightly puffed. The guy ran it with xt60 adaptor to traxxas plug. Idk if he kept the lipos fully charged.
A bad esc cant puff lipos right?

Go to cnhl website and use code
Slowrcmike2022
No spaces and you get 10% off.
I've gotta cut down on my battery spending. Whenever I see a good "deal" I feel like I've GOTTA buy em.😂😟 I mean, how many basher batteries do I REALLY need? Then again, I'm always on the lookout for some quality speed running 6s packs, so @RedondoBeachRC better get to it!!

Go to cnhl website and use code
Slowrcmike2022
No spaces and you get 10% off.
Its 20$ more there
On amazon its 59$ cad for me vs 76$cad
With the coupon it goes down to 102$.102x.1.30= 137$ same price with taxes included in amazon

Its 20$ more there
On amazon its 59$ cad for me vs 76$cad
Ahh my bad. They are good packs though like others have said, and frequently go on sale from the website. If you enter your email, they'll send you notice of sales. They have at least 1 a month. Good luck $59 seems like a good deal

Do to an error on their end I ended up with 12 lipo batteries from CNHL last December. 2 5000mah 50c 3s Black Editions, 2 5200mah 90c 3s Racing Series, 8 6200mah 100c 2s lipos. I only have 10 left as I gave away 1 of the 2s lipos and 1 swelled up during storage. One of the 5200mah 90c Racing Series dropped a cell recently so I was rather bummed out about that.

Do to an error on their end I ended up with 12 lipo batteries from CNHL last December. 2 5000mah 50c 3s Black Editions, 2 5200mah 90c 3s Racing Series, 8 6200mah 100c 2s lipos. I only have 10 left as I gave away 1 of the 2s lipos and 1 swelled up during storage. One of the 5200mah 90c Racing Series dropped a cell recently so I was rather bummed out about that.
Swelling up while in storage that shouldnt happen at all
Thats one red flag for me lmao

I have several of their Racing Series (apart from one 4s 9500mah they are all 8000mah in 3s and 4s). They perform and balance good. I don’t have any scientific data, but I can’t notice a (significant) difference compared to my 8000mah GensAc3 lipo’s.
All I needed to do is swap the Deans and EC5 connectors as their XT90 line up is pretty limited.
As other mentioned they have sales events during the year, with ‘Lunar Ney Year’ sale going on right now.

Back