Granite Cogging issue 4x4 Granite BLX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So wait, I can run 4S with the max10 or no? I planned on only running 3S and toning down the cogging if I got this ESC

Here’s what I would do:

Step down to a 17T or 18T

Get the HR or Arrma adjustable motor mount

Get some motor fans

Set your slipper 1/2 to 3/4 turns loose from all the way tight. All the way tight is gonna pop driveshaft u-joints.

Either stick with the BLX100/3200kv combo, or swap to the BLX120/2400kv combo and then have the option for 4C.

Here’s what I would do:

Step down to a 17T or 18T

Get the HR or Arrma adjustable motor mount

Get some motor fans

Set your slipper 1/2 to 3/4 turns loose from all the way tight. All the way tight is gonna pop driveshaft u-joints.

Either stick with the BLX100/3200kv combo, or swap to the BLX120/2400kv combo and then have the option for 4C.

I will be sure to install the motor plate. As far as the slipper I did exactly that and it still burned. I get new pads here in a couple days so ill try it out again. Id ask about the difference in KV but I know thats a whole other can of worms. The truck impresses me as it is, couldnt even imagine it on 4S!

Just the BLX185 ESC will work without swapping out the stock motor? Id like to keep the stock 3200KV if possible.
I ran the BLX185 with the stock motor. It still exhibited some cogging but not as bad as when I was using the BLX100. If you really want to eliminate it you need to go with a larger (size) motor. I run a Hobbystar 3670 sized motor at 3050 kv in my BRCC. I had been running a Castle Mamba X ESC but the heatsink came unglued. I went back to a BLX100 and an 18T pinion. It barely cogs (it never cogged with the Mamba X).

Its ridiculous how a couple teeth on a pinion can mean a difference between cogging and taking off like a rocket.

I too was wondering why the capacitor on the wires of my new granite blx 3s. I don't know how you guys don't burn things up gearing so high.. even with fans..?

I too was wondering why the capacitor on the wires of my new granite blx 3s. I don't know how you guys don't burn things up gearing so high.. even with fans..?
To be honest I think the cap pack was more of a bandaid than anything else, I'm sure I saw someone else say the same thing but I agree.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back