Kraton cogging maybe im not sure have problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travisf90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's

i posted a video of what my kraton is doing is there any way to fix this or is a esc or motor problem

Sometimes you can fix that, here are a few things to try.

Try a different battery, re-calibrate the ESC to the transmitter, clean the connectors for starters. Unplug the steering servo....just try one thing at a time. My Slash just started to cog also but it isn't that bad. I wasn't able to find an obvious fix so I just keep beating it at the local skate park. Some cogging is normal. It's probably the ESC or the battery eliminator circuit inside of it. I didn't have one to swap out so I never found a fix. Try a few obvious easy things first to see if you can eliminate it before you go getting new parts.

Last edited:
Check the soldering on the connectors that connect the motor to the ESC. I've had this happen exactly how its shown in your video. Motor would just chatter and wouldn't run. One of my connectors had cracked solder and couldn't make a solid connection. Re-soldered and I was good to go.

When you start off with a RC vehicle the battery voltage drops....anything causing high resistance will cause it go too low. Having it just be a solder joint would be cool. I have to go over my Slash again....its getting torn down soon anyway.....maybe I'll find why it's cogging. It just started out of nowhere

It's with a new pack the other one ballooned and I didn't feel comfortable using it is soldered the new ends on it use castle creations ends, I'll resolDer the connection again but Im usually pretty good with soldering but never hurts to check again

im leaning towards a bad ESC this is with freshly charger packs everything resoldered this morning what a PITA that was to get the connectors back out it does this with 2 different sets of batterys and now my servo stopped working i guess its time to hit up Arrma and see what they can do about the esc

I know this isn't related to the Kraton but it's a cogging issue I was having with my Traxxas Slash. Today I hooked up my Castle Link into my ESC and changed the motor start-up power from the lowest to the highest setting. Cogging has been eliminated by 98%. I say 98% because some cogging in a sensorless brushless is normal. Why I needed to go from low startup to high all of a sudden ???? I have no idea but it cleared up the cogging. I looked into the Arrma Kraton manual and there is no option to change that in the ESC. Changing the start-up power makes some sense...the cogging is due to the motor stuck between phases and need a little more juice to get moving. Upping the start up power got it over the initial hump I guess.

Last edited:
Arrma will more than likely replace that ESC for you. I was wondering....does that ESC have the option to reverse the motor direction ? I do not remember if it does or not. If it does, you could try swapping 2 wires between the motor and the ESC, then reverse the motor direction in the ESC. Re calibrate ESC to throttle trigger and test that out.

Arrma will more than likely replace that ESC for you. I was wondering....does that ESC have the option to reverse the motor direction ? I do not remember if it does or not. If it does, you could try swapping 2 wires between the motor and the ESC, then reverse the motor direction in the ESC. Re calibrate ESC to throttle trigger and test that out.

Not that im aware of i looked through the settings in the book and didnt see anything i messed around with a few things but nothing helped im still waiting for a reply from arrma about what they want to do

Well finally got an email back and they are going to replace the esc motor and servo just have to send in the old and wait for the new good deal

Everything has been replaced just waiting to get it in the mail motor escape servo and the receiver let's see how everything goes with the new stuff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back