Cold weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Being in Canada with cold winters I was wondering if can store my truck in the shed when not in use, Radio and batteries will be brought in the house.

As long as it's kept away from moisture I do not see it being a problem.

Being in Canada with cold winters I was wondering if can store my truck in the shed when not in use, Radio and batteries will be brought in the house.
Sounds like you've got a good plan. The batteries should be brought inside and make sure the Outcast is proper lubed otherwise things like the bearings could rust or seize up if there is a lot of moisture out in the shed.

Should I put it in a plastic storage bin to be safe
Yes but I would toss in a package or two of drying agent, the packages that come with electronics and stuff that say do not eat on the package. Check appliance and furniture stores around your area they might have some bigger ones and I'm sure they would give them to you for free.

I'm not sure what freezing temps do to electronic components like caps and such.
It's the condensation that can form that I would worry about, electronics aren't directly affected as much by the cold as they are by heat. Batteries on the other hand loose power and efficiency when they are cold.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back