Limitless Come on.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Wtf???

Why is this happening with a $90 titanium shafts? I have grinded down the HR brace and this thing still flexes .

This was only 99mph.

IMG_20200824_190247.jpg

Screenshot_20200824-191840.png

Well I need to buy a felony or infection 2 just for that part because the are backordered till who knows.

Well I need to buy a felony or infection 2 just for that part because the are backordered till who knows.
Yeah this parts train delay is getting old. I understand the reasoning but I’m not a doctor.

I don’t have patients.

This may or may not be of any use or benefit to you but I stumbled across something the other day. I was swapping spur gears on the center spool of my Typhon and when I placed it firmly back into the carrier and spun it by hand, one end wobbled like my shaft was bent. I have never wrecked this car with this spool in it. I pulled it out, I was all over the flat spot and I was puzzled. After playing with it for about 5 minutes I noticed that when I put the grub screw in and immediately tighten it down, the end cup would wobble like it was on acid. Still 100% on the flat spot. So i gradually tightened, wiggled, tightened, wiggled, tightened until it was so tight thor himself would break his scrawny forearm trying to break it loose. Dropped it back in the carrier (I already had loctite on the grub) and it spun as true as my eyeballs could tell. I did the same to the opposite cup and they both spin true. As stupid as that may sound, there may be imperfections or burs on the ends of the screws or the flats themselves that may has caused misalignment of the output cups. I was shocked when I saw that. I was madAF thinking that my brand new spool was bent. It was not.

I run these cheaper steel 5mm shaft ones from RC4WD I found on eBay that are slightly longer than stock (I think you tried them before). Even if longer there was a little shaft play, so I use a silicone O-ring in the center diff cup and now no forward/backward play. Between that and making sure that my cups were 100% true and had no wobble when spinning I don't see any oscillation. I should note though that I'm still running the stock plastic rear chassis brace and so I have way more gap between the shaft and the brace than you but so far I like the setup.

With those 8mm titanium shafts if you got wobble then I would think it's due to some slight variance in the cups in either the center diff or rear and it's not 100% spinning centered. Maybe look at the set screws too like @jhunter said he found that caused his slight wobble.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back