Coming from nitro Savage, looking for our first brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisexv6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Been in the hobby for a while, my son has been with me in it for the past 4 or 5. Looking for a less-hassle way to bash around our yard.

Our nitro Savage has been great, but now the engine is getting old in its years, clutch is wearing, etc. Figured maybe a good time to get something new from the start, and brushless because we've never done it before.

Pretty interested in the Kraton 6S. I know they are up to V4 but it seems to get some dings because of that (radio, brace/chassis bending, etc). To me the only other alternatives are another Savage, would be the XL Flux, or *maybe* the Emaxx (I have trust issues with Traxxas so its a pretty distant 3rd on the list)

Has anyone cross shopped the Kraton, XL Flux and Maxx?

I know the Flux is "old" but that could mean "good" because its tried and tested by now. But the Kraton gets good ratings for bashing (other than the "improvements" with V4 which I know are fixable at some point)

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

I think you'll like the Arrma lineup in general. The Savage is a great vehicle, but super outdated at this point I think. Kraton gets my vote. Only thing is, I see a lot of complaints about the radios on these newer models. I have an Outcast and like it a lot, the Kraton has long been on my radar- will likely be my next purchase.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back