Coming soon to a youtube near you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledgehog

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Decided to start a youtube channel for funs. I'll be posting my first video on or shortly after July 2nd when my new Associated Enduro arrives. Figured an unboxing/first run would be a nice starter vid. Going to have to learn how to use Davinci for editing and it's a just for fun channel, so no monetization planned, no bugging people to smash bells and whatnot, and no goddamn SUPER LOUD nubstep intro clips. :LOL:

Introducing, Sledgehog RC.

http://www.youtube.com/c/sledgehogRC

Last edited:
Decided to start a youtube channel for funs. I'll be posting my first video on or shortly after July 2nd when my new Associated Enduro arrives. Figured an unboxing/first run would be a nice starter vid. Going to have to learn how to use Davinci for editing and it's a just for fun channel, so no monetization planned, no bugging people to smash bells and whatnot, and no goddamn SUPER LOUD nubstep intro clips. :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoedOelYO3mqi8Gk5qmuP1w
Your timing couldn't be better! I am about to announce some very special "Shout-out" packages that are guaranteed to boost your subscriber count! This will be a limited time special so don't delay! Please contact my agent and personal assistant, @Notorious J, for pricing. Thank you and welcome to YouTube. You will be on your way to YouTube Mega Star status in no time!

Along with shout outs, you can purchase banner ads on the @bicketybam ramps, hand crafted cigar sleeves with your logo, and for a limited time, you can have that YouTube channel displayed on some specially designed beer cozies. Guaranteed to increase your view count and subscription total! Don't wait, act now. Space is limited and going fast!

the fine print
Bicketybam enterprises is a for profit, very big profit, company. All ads are handcrafted by Easy Ed productions, and accuracy is not guaranteed. Payments are cash only, up front and non-refundable. Bicketybam enterprises is represented by Rocco, Knuckles & Little Mikey LLP. "We don't lose........ever"

Subbed by the way. First one is free ;)

Thanks for the subs guys. I need to pick up a cheap but good camera I can strap to my noggin while I play with toy cars. Don't need 4k and all that fancy stuff. Just looking for something under $100 that will be clear @ 1080p or even 720p long as it has a smooth framerate and no nasty pixelation.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for the subs guys. I need to pick up a cheap but good camera I can strap to my noggin while I play with toy cars. Don't need 4k and all that fancy stuff. Just looking for something under $100 that will be clear @ 1080p or even 720p long as it has a smooth framerate and no nasty pixelation.
Any suggestions?
I don't do vids but I would think you could get an older model of GoPro. I think the newest one is called the 7 Black, so maybe go a model or two back?

those things are still way too expensive for my needs ;)

Also to those who subbed, you get a "two-fer" or even a "three-fer" in return lol. I subbed back on the new account plus I think I'm already subbed to most of you on my main "browsing" account, PJbottoms and my non-rc channel i post random poop on, Pjbottomsvids. :LOL:

I picked up a hero 5. Great footage but I am not good at file transfers and the touch screen is a bit awkward. Mostly it’s just my lack of new technology experience. Unable to strap the 8 mm to my head so guess I’ll need to figure it out. ?

I'm currently looking at the Yi Lite. Seems to have all the features I want with a decent pic @ 1080 and in my price range (Round $70 for the cam, case, and lots of accessories in the box). Looks like it's the highest recommended "under $100" action cam in all the youtube comparisons.

I'm currently looking at the Yi Lite. Seems to have all the features I want with a decent pic @ 1080 and in my price range (Round $70 for the cam, case, and lots of accessories in the box). Looks like it's the highest recommended "under $100" action cam in all the youtube comparisons.
I tried a very well rated "discount" camera first, and it wasn't even as good as my Samsung S7's phone camera. You might want to consider a new, older model GoPro if you're trying to stay on budget. It's a classic case of " you get what you pay for". You start out thinking that it will be good enough for what you want to do, and realize you actually wanted to do more later. Same as when you buy parts for your rc's. There's always some cheaper off brand aluminum part, but you just know that once you have it, you'll wish you had just bought the more expensive one from a brand you could trust. Not trying to be pushy here, just speaking from a very recent experience.

I tried a very well rated "discount" camera first, and it wasn't even as good as my Samsung S7's phone camera. You might want to consider a new, older model GoPro if you're trying to stay on budget. It's a classic case of " you get what you pay for". You start out thinking that it will be good enough for what you want to do, and realize you actually wanted to do more later. Same as when you buy parts for your rc's. There's always some cheaper off brand aluminum part, but you just know that once you have it, you'll wish you had just bought the more expensive one from a brand you could trust. Not trying to be pushy here, just speaking from a very recent experience.

I do a lot of research before I buy something (lesson fully learned from buying traxxas crap to be honest :LOL:) and I just don't have over $100 for a camera on my current budget so I'm limited on options. I'll be using my google pixel 2 phone cam for some stuff which is great, but I need something small I can strap to my head (and look like a nimrod) at the track and whatnot. I know it's not going to be super clear high quality footage but it'll do the job I want it seems. The quality of the examples in all the youtube vids I watched (like 20+ of them) on that particular model all seemed good enough and that's after the poopy youtube compression gets a hold of it as well. ;)

I'll have to check out the 4th of july sales and amazon prime day is coming up. I'm sure they'll have some good deals on there for actoin cams as well.

Also first "official" vid is up :D Unboxing coming soon!

:LOL:

And the goddamn thing is defective...
It's either the radio or receiver, not sure which. I plugged the esc and servo into my reflex's receiver which is the same exact model and it worked fine with that radio/receiver combo. Amain better take this back after I cut the damn box up to show off that garage thing.

I can currently get a Yi Lite cam on amazon with a case and headband for a total of $76. Think I'm gonna pull that trigger.

Far as the Enduro goes, After some light arguing, they agreed to send me a shipping label to send it back. Their warranty guys will look at it and determine whether its defective or not (which it is) and send me a new one. If not, they will just send me back the same one which better not happen. Brand new truck, didn't even make it off the wooden table I recorded the unboxing on. I even got the return dept head's email I spoke with and sent him a video so he could see exactly what it wasn't doing, that I was using correct and charged batteries, fresh batteries in the radio, that it wouldn't even rebind to the radio successfully, that the esc was showing an error light for no throttle signal, that the receiver was also flashing an error signal and not working properly, etc. so they better not say "oh it's fine" when they get it or I'm gonna be livid. :LOL:

I am switching to my old Youtube channel URL as it already has over 300+ subs and i can make a custom URL for it. To those that have already subbed to the current channel, (thanks!) here is the new channel URL where all current content will be re-uploaded and all future content will be uploaded to:

I think I was already subbed to most of you that subbed my channel on this current one already but if I wasn't, I am now :)

Last edited:
I am switching to my old Youtube channel URL as it already has over 300+ subs and i can make a custom URL for it. To those that have already subbed to the current channel, (thanks!) here is the new channel URL where all current content will be re-uploaded and all future content will be uploaded to:

I think I was already subbed to most of you that subbed my channel on this current one already but if I wasn't, I am now :)
Done and looking forward to catching up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back