Kraton Common breakage and issues with the kratons besides the esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Kratonage the electronics can be a bit iffy, mostly the ESC. The servo seems to be okay but the servo mount really sucks which flexes a lot making the servo work even harder or burn itself up. The fix for that would be to make this servo mount upgrade or buy a pre-made one piece aluminum servo mount like this.

Another issue would most certainly be the wing mount. These things are known to break if you look to hard at them... okay maybe not that weak but they ARE very weak and one turn over is usually enough to break them. The fix would be to simply buy the RPM Wing Mount.

Other than that it seems the Arrma Kraton is pretty darn solid and the videos that's been shared around here pretty much shows that. Enjoy your Kraton!

my list after ~15-20 4s runs hard bashing at pretty rough terrain:
  • nearly every single bearing after the 3rd run (replaced them all at once, also the bushings for steering)
  • rear wing mount
  • servo
  • maybe the esc; strange beavior with the broken servo plugged in (already called hobbico, need to send it in for inspection)
  • slightly bend chassis
  • 2 front bumpers (waiting for the tbone racing bumpers)
  • diff case (the screw and cover for the sway bar)
  • 3 cracked rims
  • lot of cracks in the body around the rear mounts
love it anyway... i wonder every time how this thing holds up the hardest impacts :cool:

Im currently on my 4th ESC, second servo/motor/receiver, third wing mount. servos, motors receivers were a result of faulty ESC´s so that's the major problem but also the wing mount what always breaks on the exact same spot. the design is way to weak for such a beast.

Knowing that the esc, servo and bearings were iffy, I replaced them immediately after purchase. The only thing I ever broke was the wing mount. Even then, I didn't try to warranty it as I wouldn't expect it to survive the beating it took to break them. Get a spare set of tires and rims too. If you do much 6s running, you will destroy the stock tires before too long!!

Knowing that the ESC, servo and bearings were iffy, I replaced them immediately after purchase. The only thing I ever broke was the wing mount. Even then, I didn't try to warranty it as I wouldn't expect it to survive the beating it took to break them. Get a spare set of tires and rims too. If you do much 6s running, you will destroy the stock tires before too long!!
What bearings are you using now?
Want to pick up some bearings also

Sir woodie do you know if the kraton and talion use the same besrings?
Want to change my bearings and get extras of those
Yes sir, the bearings are the same. That said Fast Eddy does have separate kits, one for the Kraton and another for the Talion! :D

Other then the mentioned above stuff, I broke a front diff ring gear. I put inner and outer shims on all the diffs and since then the diffs have been good. Best truck for the money, nothing is comparible for the price.

Other then the mentioned above stuff, I broke a front diff ring gear. I put inner and outer shims on all the diffs and since then the diffs have been good. Best truck for the money, nothing is comparible for the price.

Cool thanks for the input kraton6s!!!

What bearings are you using now?
Want to pick up some bearings also
Sorry for long delay, yes, Fast Eddy's bearings have served me well...bear in mind that the hub bearings will still require a fair amount of cleaning if you run in sand or loose, gritty dirt. Even tho they have seals, it still seems to find its way into the races...

Sorry for long delay, yes, Fast Eddy's bearings have served me well...bear in mind that the hub bearings will still require a fair amount of cleaning if you run in sand or loose, gritty dirt. Even tho they have seals, it still seems to find its way into the races...

Cool thanks mikey
I ordered 4 packs of those for my talion

One thing I've used to help maintain my bearings is cleaning them with the RPM Bearing Blaster. Really allows you to easily and effectively clean/lube most bearings.

my list after ~15-20 4s runs hard bashing at pretty rough terrain:
  • nearly every single bearing after the 3rd run (replaced them all at once, also the bushings for steering)
  • rear wing mount
  • servo
  • maybe the ESC; strange beavior with the broken servo plugged in (already called hobbico, need to send it in for inspection)
  • slightly bend chassis
  • 2 front bumpers (waiting for the tbone racing bumpers)
  • diff case (the screw and cover for the sway bar)
  • 3 cracked rims
  • lot of cracks in the body around the rear mounts
love it anyway... i wonder every time how this thing holds up the hardest impacts :cool:

Did you replace the stock servon or just the gears? I don't want to have to add a glitch buster or bec if I don't have to, if that's possible. Ran my kraton for the for the 3rd time nothing serious 4s and the servo is gone already.

@Drewski: Hobbico sent me a Tactic TSX65 as replacement. But had no time to take it out for a ride :(
Not shure if you need an aditional glitch buster or BEC, there are more experienced people out there who can answer this.
All i can say: In my case, the gears in the stock servo get meshed up and fully blocked, and this probably killed the internal BEC of the BLX180. After that i had voltage drops between 7,5v and 6,8v and strange servo behavior.

I've had Kraton for 6 months and the only major problem was I went through three servos due to servo mount flexing. I purchased an aluminum servo mount from http://www.voltagehobbies.com and I haven't needed another servo yet. I ordered one for my outcast same day I purchased last outcast in stock at my LHS. MY RECOMMENDATION IS TO PURCHES AND INSTALL ALUMINUM MOUNT BEFORE FIRST RUN. IMO THS SHOULD BE FIRST UPGRADE FOR KRATON AND OUTCAST!!!!!!!!! My vehicles now take a beaten and keep on ticking.

Avid bearings have held out sand the best for me. You would think they are no different than any other bearing. I just have better luck with them in sand.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back