Talion Common conversation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monieman352

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hello all, I’ve recently bought a arrma talion V3 and couldn’t be happier, speed durablity and all terrain is what I was looking for! Just joined here and looking to get insight on what other people thought about the cars and what are some of the mods good for the talion. Just yesterday replaced the servo after a good Easter bashing and put outcast tires after the stock tires came unglued. Thanks in advice
-monieman352

Thanks my first rc was a redcat epx pro then bought the talion, don’t get me wrong the redcat epx pro was a very easy beginners car to walk into the rc world I’ve done a lot of work on that my self front and rear arms front end work and other stuff shocks and other things but the talion took me over the top I now know what to expect out of arrma cars with just two weeks of having a arrma

You are going to re-glue the stock ones right? It's definitely good to have backup tires ready to go.

I don't have a Talion though so I can't comment on that specifically.

The Talion is an amazing machine, it really depends on what you're doing with it. Sounds like from your tyre choice that you want to do stunts? Be aware that you have now changed the gearing. When you run taller tyres the motor can get hotter quicker, monitor the temps.

Part of maintenance is to check and re glue your tyres, they will last a lot longer if you look after them. Just simple super glue will fix them before they explode at high speed.

My recommendations are aluminium chassis braces/supports and front and rear bumpers.

I use Voltage Hobbies(USA), GKA(Canadian), and Markhor RC(Aussie Made) braces on my vehicles they are all great(the Voltage ones for the V3 have an extra bit that slots into the chassis to help retention).

I run t-bone racing typhon bumpers on my Talion, they are sleek and offer enough protection for most things without being too heavy or bulky.

I would just run the car till you break something, fix it or upgrade it then, the exception being the above I've mentioned.

Yeah only one came unglued I would really like to build up my confidence into messing with certain stuff on it such ass glueing tires and such like yesterday I bought a savox servo couldn’t bring my confidence up enough to install it my self don’t wanna mess anything up

I do not have a talion either; I do have kraton, outcast, nero-fazon, senton, and typhon.

I bought the tires just as a quick fix not knowing that I would have to change the gears good looks on that any links or brands that u might recommend?

I also got the t bone racing bumpers only on the front not the rear tho as a lot on my bashing is on front end,

As far as aluminum chassis the one that came stock is a good one or do they make a better one?

I was gonna but the brace but I am hesitant to buy the one that came in the v4 (wait for horizon to release it) or just buy the two that go in the front and one in the back? The long bar that the new v4 talion is really nice lookin btw,

what do u think about the senton I like the way that looks I like the truck style look thought bout buying a senton when I was buying the talion but the talion was on sale?‍♂️

I would say kraton or talion first (which you have a talion already), then branch out to others. senton is fun for sure ;)

Yeah only one came unglued I would really like to build up my confidence into messing with certain stuff on it such ass glueing tires and such like yesterday I bought a savox servo couldn’t bring my confidence up enough to install it my self don’t wanna mess anything up

We didn't have any tires nearby to buy while we reglued the old ones, so they were kinda continuously reglued, and that's probably the biggest reason they tore. We probably could have done a better job by pulling all the tires off the wheels, cleaning them, and re-gluing entirely. But I'm no expert!

I've seen people take the wheels off with acetone, boiling, oven--not sure which is actually the recommended method though. I tried Acetone and it worked but no idea how the tire was effected by it.

We didn't have any tires nearby to buy while we reglued the old ones, so they were kinda continuously reglued, and that's probably the biggest reason they tore. We probably could have done a better job by pulling all the tires off the wheels, cleaning them, and re-gluing entirely. But I'm no expert!

I've seen people take the wheels off with acetone, boiling, oven--not sure which is actually the recommended method though. I tried Acetone and it worked but no idea how the tire was effected by it.
Yeah the tires can get pricey after a couple blow outs my set was 80-90 dollars for all four not to bad just want to see how long the will last this time around but hey I wouldn’t mind learning how to reglue them after more confidence on cosmetic stuff like that I don’t wanna mess it up I could always watch a YouTube vid but they make it look way to easy when they are doing it in 15 mins lol

on the newer version of the talion the servo is mounted in a different location.

Kraton
CCC98F60-3B3A-4908-A0FB-F449CF6ED3D1.jpeg

Talion
3B9BED15-B691-4C80-87EC-8E4FDF9AA4EF.jpeg

Welcome! Get those Backflips off and go back to the stock tires! They are awesome ?I would not recommend running the speed pinion with the outcast tires. Motor will become too hot for sure.

thats for sure they do back flips like wayyy to easy with out trying on jumps but haven’t changed the gear that came with it, some one warned me bout that like a hour ago any way around that besides changing the gear

thats for sure they do back flips like wayyy to easy with out trying on jumps but haven’t changed the gear that came with it, some one warned me bout that like a hour ago any way around that besides changing the gear
Around what?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back