common replacement parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order of me breaking parts :- Body mounts, Front suspension arm, shocks, Spur gear cover.

Since then i have ordered 2 sets of body mounts and 2 sets of front suspension arms and another spur gear cover.

I have upgraded my shocks to aluminium ones and put Proline trenchers on there.

I also have a T bone front bumper coming in the next couple of weeks. ( this should hopefully keep future breakages to a minimum)

I would also add the two metal pins in the bellcrank / servo saver. If you don't run a rear bumper, the wheelie bar (or motor guard if no wheelie bar) breaks a lot for me. It is also pretty common to pop a rear camber link and toss a dog bone. They are normally pretty hard to find so I paint mine fluorescent orange and also carry a spare. I carry spare wheel nuts too, they are cheap and impossible to find when they fall off.

With regards to the spur gear cover mentioned above, I assume it is breaking by the bolt holes? If so, use loctite and only snug the bolts up. The only one I have broken was from over tightening.

I think i damaged the spur gear cover driving on those loose rocks, some of them are quite big & it kicks them up real bad. Harsh on the car, but good fun to blast about on.

I agree with the parts list so far.
Sometimes it's those little things you forget to have in a Pit Bag and can shut you down.
I'd have:
  • Spare body clips
  • Spare E-clips [good luck finding one of those after it takes flight...]
  • Spare wheel nuts
  • Spare pins that fit into the wheel hex
  • Screws, assorted sizes - lengths
So far that's the stuff I learned the hard way to have in the "pit bag"

I agree with the parts list so far.
Sometimes it's those little things you forget to have in a Pit Bag and can shut you down.
I'd have:
  • Spare body clips
  • Spare E-clips [good luck finding one of those after it takes flight...]
  • Spare wheel nuts
  • Spare pins that fit into the wheel hex
  • Screws, assorted sizes - lengths
So far that's the stuff I learned the hard way to have in the "pit bag"
May I ask what e clips are

Joke: is it when the sun and the moon overlap?

Joke rating: 1 out of 10

http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR710001
K86V6KWWYRZTCTWKTYDUP4WAZVH2N8FPZGP24PYUAVQTHPGF4P.jpg

If you don't know them as e-clips you may know them as the frustrating little things that spin on the shaft until you finally manage to get them free at which point in time they fly across the room to be lost forever.

May I ask what e clips are

Joke: is it when the sun and the moon overlap?

Joke rating: 1 out of 10

In the old days, you'd be dipped in tar, then feathers before being placed on the first train outta town for that...

If you don't know them as e-clips you may know them as the frustrating little things that spin on the shaft until you finally manage to get them free at which point in time they fly across the room to be lost forever.
Ingorious Basturds?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back