Kraton Commonly Broken Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully_

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So far , iv been pretty fortunate with my Kraton. But it is always nice to have spare parts on hand.

What are some things that you guys find you break the most on your Kraton?

Stock shocks, Stock Diffs, Stock pinions, Stock servo, Stock bearings get gritty. Basically....upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. However....most of the breakage is from severe abuse. Under normal usage....nothing really breaks.

I find the limits and stay under them....when I feel froggy, I'll push these limits and maybe find a weakness. Then I'll decide on how to correct it, replace it or maybe upgrade it. All good fun stuff.

I mostly broke shock shafts. I like jumping.

Last edited:
Most of the stuff I have broke on my v1 Kraton is stuff upgraded in later kits. Wing mount, chassis braces, bearings more bearings, 2 diff cases, two diff ring and pinion (before shims). Lost rear spring perch several times, one lower shock eye, one rear lower arm. List seems kind of long typing it out, but I've have the truck about 2 years, and bough it used.

It's easier to say the parts that may last a while without breaking. lol Tires maybe.

Gears, bearings and Shock parts are good to load up on for a new Kraton owner. For starters.

Or...shim gears, get a Fast Eddie bearing kit and don't allow too much down travel in the shocks. That will get you lasting longer than Ready to Run gives you.

Maybe V3 will be better !

Gears, bearings and Shock parts are good to load up on for a new Kraton owner. For starters.

Id advice them that also
Change my oil shocks to this i think its 70weight from losi
And servo id change too n servo saver

Attachments

• 0BAD1895-FD1F-4E93-B7DA-E4FCB66FE63F.jpeg
    0BAD1895-FD1F-4E93-B7DA-E4FCB66FE63F.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 73
  • FFDE773C-2A22-4151-AE7A-F919403BF7F9.jpeg
    FFDE773C-2A22-4151-AE7A-F919403BF7F9.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 86
only issues i have had are the stock servos, and i managed to crack a wheel somehow. I don't have these shock shaft issues people speak of, but i am running thicker oil and tekno oranges.

Or...shim gears, get a Fast Eddie bearing kit and don't allow too much down travel in the shocks. That will get you lasting longer than Ready to Run gives you.

Maybe V3 will be better !
And bulkheads.

You might as well pick up a second one and use the first one that breaks as parts. What I would do if I had the extra $$. They’re so cheep right now...we’ll if the v2s come back in stock that is lol.

beat the poop out of my kraton today. only thing that happened was i bent the screw that holds the shock to the shock mount.. 2.99 and a couple days of waiting and ill be good as new.. This thing took an absolute beating today. tough as nails.

beat the poop out of my kraton today. only thing that happened was i bent the screw that holds the shock to the shock mount.. 2.99 and a couple days of waiting and ill be good as new.. This thing took an absolute beating today. tough as nails.
Check your local hardware store for screws if you are in a bind and don't want to wait, most of the screws at Menards are like 20 cents a pop. Although some of the longer screws can be hard to find. Iirc I ended up buying some stainless steel Phillips screws for my shock mounts while I waited for the hex screws. I am not sure which screws you ordered I went with the Team Associated ones and they seemed to hold up better than the Arrma ones.

Last edited:

Yeah, and I have been know to break nails too... :)

Stock Kraton is the most common break

I bought a complete Kraton screw set with all the tools for $10 shipped from fleabay. I have a jar full of extra screws. If I loose or bend one I just install another. If I mod something and need a longer screw, got one. Just buy a set, great thing to have in a rc toolbox.

The bags marked "Tekno" There is the answer. :D Shocks are awesome.
Absolutely love the Tekno truggy skocks on my kraton!

Broken a few diffs even with the bullet proof diff mods, but I am running 6s with large torque monster

I have the orig kraton and pretty much the servo broke about 4 times under warranty, my motor also went out

Breakage depends a lot on the driving and terrain. Nothing will break just thrashing around on dirt with small jumps unless you run into a tree or something like that. Almost everything can break on bad landings from big air - I've bent the chassis several times, pulled out shock eyelets, bent shock shafts, blown out the damper ring in the shocks, bent shock towers, busted front and rear suspension arms, busted/bent suspension arm mounts, bent drive shafts, bent front pillowballs, broken front knuckles, broken gearbox cases, and of course have busted the wing mount numerous times. This is mostly from bad landings on pretty big air - more than 10 ft up, but some has been from goofy landings on only a few feet of air, usually with some speed. If you can land it flat, it does pretty good though.

I only run 5S and stock tires, so my drivetrain has held up pretty well. The only thing I've broken is one bevel gear in one of the diffs.

Also, keep in mind that parts will wear out. The driveshafts will eventually wear out as well as their receiver cups. Bearings will likely eventually need replacement. You'll want to rebuild the diffs and shocks occasionally.

I have spares of almost all that stuff on-hand at any one time. I think the essentials for me would be at least one spare wing mount, shock eyelets, one front and rear shock, gaskets for diff rebuilds, spare rear driveshafts, and spare body clips.

So far , iv been pretty fortunate with my Kraton. But it is always nice to have spare parts on hand.

What are some things that you guys find you break the most on your Kraton?
1st thing I broke was the chassis and it was back ordered for ever. I have broke three slipper clutches a bulk head and two drive shafts from battery wires getting tired up in the drive shaft. also one axle shaft front bumper and rear wing.I upgraded and put a chassis brace on it but the new chassis still has some cracks.I end up working on it more than enjoying it. I have the v2 as some have said buy two for spare parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back